Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Technology that 'just works'
  • muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Time machine backup.
    Sat next to my computer for two years just does it’s thing and has saved me from my own stupidity more than once. No real setup and no maintenance.

Audio amplifiers.
    They just go on and on. I would actually like my twenty year old amp to die so that i could justify buying a new one.

Digital alarm clocks.
    Mine was a hand me down from my mother, I have no idea how old it is but I’ve had it twenty five years, everything on it still works perfectly.

_tom_
    Free Member

My Laney GH50L guitar amp. Almost 6 years since I got it and still going strong with only 1 tube change.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Big **** off knives or sticks with nails in them.

Flaperon

<geek>It uses a thing called CEC – Consumer Electronics Control – which is what you see branded as Regza Link, Viera Link etc by different manufacturers, but it’s all a standardised thing under the branding and all interoperable. Manufacturers keep that bit quiet though, to encourage you to buy players that match your TV.</geek>

No it ain’t. 🙂 All my Sony stuff used to work in the way you describe, but not anymore.

*Glares at Samsung TV and LG blu-ray player*

konabunny
    Free Member

Dropbox – yay!

SUgarSync – boo!

DrP

Tin openers have never caused me any trouble,

Funny -we have a completely useless tin opener (safety thing) that for some unfathomable reason, it’s yet to have been binned and replaced for, ooh, 6 years! Perhaps it has a spell over

DrP

Cougar

Dropbox – yay!

SUgarSync – boo!

Dropbox – boo!

SugarSync – yay!

bruneep

Drop box “lost” a lot of my files. So it’s a booooo from me.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Toilets.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Technology that 'just works'’ is closed to new replies.