Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Tech help please – Epic main pivot removal
  • madzaba

I have a 2011 carbon Epic and I would like to remove the suspension main pivot bolt. There is a hex bolt head on the non-drive side. Does the bolt just unscrew? It appears to have some form of split collar around the head of the bolt that I have not seen before. Do I need to do anything with this before removing the bolt?

Thanks

gibber

Exploded diagram is in the 2011 manual (http://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/support/manuals/), it looks a lot more complicated than the Stumpjumper one (just a bolt and nut).

Only the axle seems to have a torque setting on it, so I guess that is the only thing you need to remove. Looks like everything else is mounted on the axle.

madzaba

Thanks. I have the manual and I’d looked at the same thing. I started to undo the bolt last night and the bolt appeared to separate the arms rather than to come out which led me to think that the bolt was being held captive at the head end. I thought it was a bit unusual. I was ideally looking for a bit of feedback from someone who had actually removed one before I proceed and risk doing some damage.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Tech help please – Epic main pivot removal’ is closed to new replies.