Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Teams that have retained the European Cup…
  • Smee
    Free Member

… I can think of Liverpool and Forest in England, who else has done it? 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Ajax, Inter Milan, Benfica, Real Madrid

fizzer
    Free Member

But no-one has done it for NINETEEN years. That number mean anything to you?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Is it something to do with Paul Hardcastle?

Smee
    Free Member

19 – yes the number of league titles liverpool will have next year.

fizzer
    Free Member

Ah yes next year – wonder where I’ve heard that one 19 times before?

Only World and English champions this year, life’s a bitch.

theflatboy
    Free Member

That number mean anything to you?

i know i know! In World War II the average age of the combat soldier was 21. In Vietnam he was 19!

edit – well done, gary, well done!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Which brings us back nicely to Paul Hardcastle

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Only World and English champions this year, life’s a bitch.

It is when the one the team and the manager REALLY wanted was the Big Cup.

😉

Smee
    Free Member

Face it Fizzer you lot got PWNED last night.

You wouldn’t have heard it 19 times before – 18 maybe – I doubt very much that folk would be saying “ah well next year” the year they won the league.

donald
    Free Member

19 is the smallest Higgs prime for squares and cubes that has an index among Higgs primes that is less than its index among primes overall.

But everybody knows that, so it must be something else you’re thinking of.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It is when the one the team and the manager REALLY wanted was the Big Cup.

What Rafa and the league?
    I know it hurts does it not?
    Imagine having to celebrate your local rivals failure rather than your own successes….ah the life of a liverpool fan must be great

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Tis funny hearing a manyuu supporter trying to look in the bright side after last night. Like there is a single supporter that actually thinks it is okay because they have two other cups already.

Every manyuu supporter will be, and should be, gutted.

I am disappointed for them as I wanted them to win, but there has to be an element of humility and just accept they were totally outclassed last night.

clubber
    Free Member

i know i know! In World War II the average age of the combat soldier was 21. In Vietnam he was 19!

No no no, it’ was 26 in WW2 😛

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Imagine having to celebrate your local rivals failure rather than your own successes….ah the life of a liverpool fan must be great

I am not a Liverpool supporter and see my above post. Just a footie fan that thought they did not deserve to win and fans should have the guts to admit what they wanted and their disappointment, not hide behind winning the league and the ‘World Club Cup’ or whatever that is. Like that cup actually means anything to real fans anyway.

Smee
    Free Member

Junkyard – I dont have to celebrate Man Utd losing, I just choose to.

I’ll take doing the double over Man Utd as being good enough reward for this season.

Junkyard
    Free Member

MF my coments were aimed at the ever wonderful SMEE (although your quote)not you and yes we did not deserve to win that must be clear to all but the blind and accepted by Fergie and the players.

SMEE THAT DOUBLE MUST LOOK GREAT IN THE TROPHY ROOM KEEP REACHING FOR THE STARS EH

I agree last night was humbling but I think the team and Ferguson responded well with their comments/attitude etc (bit better than Chelsea anyway). I cant really tell (not neutral) whether Barca were that good or Man U did not turn up or played badly and deservedly lost.
    Barca are certainly a very very good team with some truly world class players in their team so their is no real shame in loosing to them.
    At the ned of the day they have won it and fair play and Yes Man u fans will be hurting/upset today.
    I do find it a bit tribal to celebrate other teams failures though

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

MF my coments were aimed at the ever wonderful SMEE (although your quote)

Fair enough – just pointing out that as was quoted.

And respect to the players and Ferguson for admitting defeat graciously, but as I pointed out, winning the other two cups this year does not make up for losing last night and to claim it does in any way is churlish.

Still – I would take Manyuu’s trophies this season – they did one hell of a lot better than my team.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Smee were there many folk in the peebles area celebrating man u losing

fizzer
    Free Member

I for one am not hiding behind anything, the best team won, easily. What you United haters don’t seem to realise is the best team in England, the champions of the premier league were taken apart so what does that say for the rest of you?

“I’ll take doing the double over Man Utd as being good enough reward for this season.”

How sad are you?

Smee
    Free Member

Junkyard – no the double doesn’t look very good in the Anfield trophy room but something else sure does. You see the small one on the end – that’s the real one that they got to keep.

Junkyard
    Free Member

your history is indeed impressive/great / superb it is your your present that lets you down 🙄

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I do find it a bit tribal to celebrate other teams failures though

Do you not ‘get’ football, then? 🙄 FFS; What’s it about if it’s not tribal??

Personally, I can’t be bothered gloating or revelling in Man U’s failure. I’m more pleased about Barça’s win, as I like the club, and always like to see them do well. I fell in love with the city, on a trip there years ago, and think it’s a fantastic place. I was lucky enough to see a match at Camp Nou, and the atmosphere was incredible. So, last night, I was a Barça fan. and they won. I’ve enjoyed that, but now I’m looking forward to the couple of World Cup qualifiers, and next season.

Unlucky, Man U. Can’t win ’em all.

Smee
    Free Member

It’s man utd’s cynical play and cheating that lets them down though. I’d rather not win stuff than win it through diving all over the pitch cheating.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Smee; just leave it alone. Where you gonna get, goading people who are feeling raw? Just make’em angrier. No point.

Junkyard
    Free Member

SMEE good news then you are supporting the right team after all

I’d rather not win stuff

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I’d rather not win stuff than win it through diving all over the pitch cheating.

TBF – there wasn’t really much of that last night was there?

fizzer
    Free Member

Spot on Junkyard he’s SO last century.

Smee
    Free Member

You cant beat a bit of goading.

fizzer – if you had thought that one through you would have said last millenium. typical think manc fan. 😀

fizzer
    Free Member

Thick is the word you are looking for my not so learned friend. Also, you follow a full stop with a capital letter. Maybe you didn’t pay attention in English class.

Don’t dish if you can’t take.

Smee
    Free Member

D’oh.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Let’s face it, Vidic wasn’t very good yesterday, suffered just like he did versus Torres. How likely is it he will make the same mistakes next year? How likely is Man Utd to not turn up next time they play? How likely is Ferguson not knowing how to win? Answers are simple, not very. Next year Liverpool will be a force but Rafa will ensure they don’t win the EPL. Arsenal won’t win as kids sometimes need a guardian on the pitch, Chelsea will be big but second best (there is only one good team in West London – The Bees).
    It’ll be United again, you’ll see.
    And a CL final between Man Utd and Barca would be good, interesting, curiosity-inducing.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Teams that have retained the European Cup…’ is closed to new replies.