Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • best way to turn wheels tubeless
  • freeform5spot
    Free Member

planning on turning some XM321s into tubeless.

whats teh best way, how much will it cost, how easy is it?

Cheers!

thomthumb
    Free Member

imo the best way would be to pay someone else to do it!

takisawa2

I used the method above with Schwalbe BMX tubes.
    A doddle to do & have lost no air at all since I did the conversion back in January. Rims are X719’s with Michellin All-Mountain 2.2’s.
    Have been playing with lower pressures. Had them at 25psi but there was too much drag on climbs so have settled on 28psi. At that pressure there’s loads of grip. I’m 16st so pinch flats at that pressure would normally be inevitable.

Best tip…press the tyre against the rim around the valve as your pumping.

Plenty of people on here will tell you it cant be done unless you throw £100’s at new wheels & £50 tyres.

righty
    Free Member

make your own latex mix, use insulating and packing tape,old valves, use conti tyres. mucho cheapness works 100% of the time IME, lighter than using bmx tube and works just as well super ghetto I have never had to use soap suds and have never got messy. I used Stans and Rolf Dolomite rims and these rims and 3 different types of conti tyres has worked fine so far. THE MOST IMPORTANT factor is tyre rim combiation so if your tyre is a slack fit on the rim I woulndnt even bother trying just try another brand. I also started off with a compressor, but yesterday replenished some sealant and reseated with just a track pump. remember tight fit for tyres is good :mrgreen:

nickegg
    Free Member

Gotta be Ghetto!

About as cheap as you can get. Mine cost me £15! It can be done cheaper but you’ve got to have bigger things to worry about if you can’t stretch to £15!!!

righty
    Free Member

it means I have £14 more to spend on bike bits so I’m very happy, and I get the satifaction 😆

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘best way to turn wheels tubeless’ is closed to new replies.