Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • TdF Stage 8 – It's getting lumpy [Possible Spoiler Content]
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Unless the big guys take it easy today (which I don’t really see happening), I’m thinking Thor will be out of yellow at the end of the day.

Last year I seem to remember they took this stage absolutely flat out and killed pretty much everyone. I think I remember Evans with a broken elbow getting dropped in yellow..? Could’ve been a dream.

Should be good.

Chris Horner of Radioshack hasn’t started today.

Some useful links:

http://live.cyclingnews.com/
    http://gaps.letour.fr/us.php
    http://data.srmlive.de/TDF/

Houns

The druggy will win it

stuartie_c
    Free Member

The druggy will win it

You sure about that?

Houns

heh heh!

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Will you be outing any other cyclists today hounsy?

mrmo
    Free Member

contador has been showing already, so i wouldn’t be surprised to see him test his legs, What i wonder is whether some of the lesser leaders might use a stage like this as a chance to build a buffer before the high mountains.

It would be a miracle for Thor to remain in yellow, do you really see him finishing the stage with Evans?

matt_bl
    Free Member

I’d like to see a couple of teams try and work Contador over on this stage. I’m not convinced about the strength of his team this year.

Matt

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’m gonna get sentimental and go for Rigoberto Urán for the win today.

[edit]

Evans starting in yellow tomorrow.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Come on Tim! 🙂

scaredypants

elf, Tim’s out

wingnuts

This Tim’s in! I reckon it could be Miller or Kloden as they are close enough on time and are in teams that have little prospect of the final podium. Although hard it won’t drive hugh gaps and Miller getting a few seconds up on the heads wouldn’t be chased down.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Possibly stupid question, but why not give time bonuses for places in the stage? Would that not force GC contenders to go for stage wins?

Sorry if this is a well debated and rubbished question already.

atlaz
    Free Member

They do, just not very big ones.

RealMan
    Free Member

Wouldn’t improve anything really.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is it just accepted now that there are different disciplines and that there won’t be crossovers anymore? Do they give time bonuses? I didn’t think they did.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

They used to give time bonuses, it resulted in larger time gaps. we get closer results now

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

@Steve Austin, ah right, fairy Nuff. Just wonderin’ like…

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

It used to get some crazy attacks as riders knew they could not only gain time but get a time bonus as well. I miss it, but the racing is a lot closer now

atlaz
    Free Member

They still get time bonuses in the first week to try to encourage some racing.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You’re pulling my leg now aren’t you?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

No time bonuses this year atlaz…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Woo! Go Thor.

Great ride by Costa.

mrmo
    Free Member

contador looked like he actually had to do some work, might be interesting when the mountains arrive

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

wah poor vino 🙁

if he had a bit more blood in him he’d have had it

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Could be Cuddle’s year, but he needs to conserve his energy, not go attacking all the time. He did put pressure on Contador and Schleck there though, they coon’t quite reel him in.

Still 2 weeks left though. And some proper big hills to come….

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Nice to see Evans hitting Contador with a change of pace on the hills. A.Schleck looks like he still thinks Contador is the wheel to watch though.

RealMan
    Free Member

Don’t know who I’m going to be supporting when it comes to the mountains now that Wiggins is out – Andy or Evans?

Fairly pleased Vino sucked today.

mrmo
    Free Member

schleck looked far more comfortable than contador when evans went?

jonb
    Free Member

Realman, I don’t want to drag that tedious topic up again but I think I’m going to support cuddles. Thor seems quite fond of yellow doesn’t he.

rOcKeTdOg

Great ride by Thor and Gilbert, hats off to them and costa

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 8 – It's getting lumpy [Possible Spoiler Content]’ is closed to new replies.