Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 127 total)
  • TDF Stage 18 – SPOILER!!
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

Stage 18 • ANNECY > ANNECY • 40,5 km (ind. Time trial)

Let's hope Wiggo can pull back some real time!

tankslapper
    Free Member
    Stoner
    Free Member

Loving the tour in our house, looking froward to the TT.
    Even Stoner Jr insists on wearing his helmet when he's watching the highlights. And "Peloton" is his favourite words at the moment 🙂

jimmy

what time do the TTs kick off?

clubber
    Free Member

And "Peleton" is his favourite

You could at least teach him to spell it properly 😉

Stoner
    Free Member
    Stoner
    Free Member

Dont worry, he's got detention for getting that wrong.

uplink
    Free Member

looks like 11.10?

Yeah – they started around 10 UK time

jimmy

is there no live coverage online today? tried a couple of feeds with no joy.

EDIT: live on Eurosport 1:15 UK time

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

can we get someone from the French stw contingent to set up a vpn so we can stream geo limited french telly ❓

mrmo
    Free Member

so what are the odds on Cancellara winning, he was able to take it "easy" yesterday so may be a bit fresher than the GC contenders.

uplink
    Free Member

can we get someone from the French stw contingent to set up a vpn so we can stream geo limited french telly

I have a live feed from France Televisions here 🙂

gnarlynath
    Free Member

I've just put on my TT helmet to join the helmet wearing gang, I guess I can watch it faster now.
    ITV4 live coverage today. And I'm at home, Yeah!
    Go Wiggo! err…. what time is he off?

wors

so what are the odds on Cancellara winning, he was able to take it "easy" yesterday so may be a bit fresher than the GC contenders.

thats what i thought about wiggins when he tailed off on the last climb

Stoner
    Free Member

Wiggins isnt leaving until 3.30 UK time.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i stayed in bed until 11 to rest up for the TT. I was shattered after yesterday's stage

either that or the fifth 13+ hour day at work in a row.

nickc

I see Thor's still rubbing it in…

Stoner
    Free Member

Millar is next to go…

mrmo
    Free Member

Cancellara only second…

mrmo
    Free Member

miller into third at the first check.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

cancelara 18 seconds down

BigJohn

I think live web coverage starts at 2:00 on itv.com/tour. It's live from 2 on ITV4 on the telly.

mrmo
    Free Member

cancellara's pulled it back, Millars loosing time though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Windy's running a recon for Wiggins, so not totally bothered about the time.

Stoner
    Free Member

Millar cant keep on it, coming in 38s behind cancellara and also 26s behind ignatiev.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Has anyone jumped a red light yet?

mrmo
    Free Member

Zabrinske isn't hanging around either. still not up with Cancellara. Still a couple of hours till the riders that matter start. lots can change.

anyone have a weather forecast for Annecy? all i can find is one that says showers, and trying to guess the weather on text feeds….

Stoner
    Free Member

live feed now on ITV4 online
    http://www.itv.com/Channels/ITV4/default.html

mrmo
    Free Member

can't get the live ITV feed 🙁 i work through a dutch network, and i can't get the dutch feed as the firewall blocks it 🙁

llama

I can only get adverts on itv.com

I'm not going to buy a samsung, oasis, or a seat

nickc

Am I right in thinking the Schlek Bros aren't all that when it comes to TTs?

mrmo
    Free Member

comment from Andy yesterday to the effect, TTs aren't my strongest thing.

make of that what you will, and Andy Schleck lost c40secs to Wiggins on stage one, a course 15 km long, today is 40km.

RealMan
    Free Member

Yeah, theyre not that good apparently.

uplink
    Free Member

Just switched to Eurosport & heard them saying there may be rain later but it shouldn't hurt the late runners too much as it's not too technical

Sounds about right – from a staying upright point of view
    But, what if any benefit can be gained by the reduced friction that wet roads would offer?

Crell
    Free Member

can't get the live ITV feed i work through a dutch network, and i can't get the dutch feed as the firewall blocks it

ITV4 shows 20 minute ad packages with 5 minutes of cycling in between.

Try http://www.p2pstation.net, http://www.justin.tv, and http://www.cyclingfans.com

P2P and Justin normally have the Versus / ITV stream

RealMan
    Free Member

But, what if any benefit can be gained by the reduced friction that wet roads would offer?

Thats not how it works..

uplink
    Free Member

Thats not how it works..

care to expand?

Crell
    Free Member

I don't see how rain wouldn't hurt later riders. Even if it's not too technical they'll definately be more cautious on the corners.

I'm just praying it stays dry

RealMan
    Free Member

Well if anything, it will increase the rolling resistance.

Rolling resistance isnt the same as the friction you produce when you rub your hands together. If they were skidding down a mountain, then yes, water on the roads would make them go faster/further. But because the tyres flick up water constantly, energy is being lost moving the water around. Also, the tyres will be wet, so they will actually be slightly heavier.

Rolling resistance is more about how flexible the tyre is, and how well it can conform to the road in order to stop the momentum going in an upwards direction (eg: if you hit a stone, you want the tyre to conform, not to lift the whole bike up). Its also a little bit about how much the tyre sticks to the road, so how much energy is needed to lift the tyre away from the road. I dont know much about this, but logic would say that water might make a stronger bond between the road and tyre, acting almost as a glue. But I'm not certain.

Crell
    Free Member

Millar interviewed on Eurosport after he finished. He reckons that Wiggo will take 3+ mins out of Frank Schleck and 2 to 2.5 on Andy Schleck. He also said the climb is over 3 K though and the last 500m pretty hard.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘TDF Stage 18 – SPOILER!!’ is closed to new replies.