Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tax question for a numpty
  • macmclaren
    Free Member

Im about to fly out in a couple of days to start a job in dubai that for the first 6 months is 25 grand tax free. Or not in my case as i have already maxed out my allowed 82 days in this country for this financial year.

Now all i need to know is what is my monthly tax for that wage.

i just need to put it away so when i fill in my tax return im not lining myself up for a kicking from the tax-man.

Sorry for boring anyone who has the misfortune to read this.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Don’t you pay tax in the country where you work? Otherwise, set £5k aside.

macmclaren
    Free Member

no ill be working in various countries, ive already maxed out my 82 days yearly allowance for this financial year and if i tell my girlfriend im not coming home till april the 5th next year to avoid the taxman then my life will not be worth living. Im happy to pay the income tax. Im just after the amount i should put away really.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m happy to pay the income tax. Im just after the amount i should put away really.

How heineken! (‘cos you’d have had the self-righteous brigade on your ass if you’d have been looking to get out of it). I think wha’ HC said, put it away, then try and figure out a way to get out of paying it, then you’ve got money for a nice bike.

BigDummy
    Free Member

You need this.

HMRC 6

taxi25
    Free Member

Do you realy,realy love your girlfriend,do you have kids and everything ? I’d be so tempted to do the 6mts contract,then travel and ride till next April.

macmclaren
    Free Member

Deadlydarcy – u nearly read my mind 😯

BigDummy – link went nowhere mate.

Taxi25 – i have spent a hell of a lot of the 9 years we have been together away from home so unfortunately i have no real choice. good idea tho 8)

sq225917
    Free Member
    BigDummy
    Free Member

Sorry! thanks sq225917.

macmclaren
    Free Member

cheers for the advice. The hmrc file had all the advice i need. Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tax question for a numpty’ is closed to new replies.