Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • tasteless water bottles
  • lovewookie

Well, my wife has taken it upon herself to declare all bike bottles in the household free for everone to use and so has started to use them to take her green smoothies to work with her.

eww.

so, what bottles are about that don’t retain taste taht we can all use?

druidh
    Free Member

Ah

I was expecting something like this…

MrTall
    Free Member

The camelback Podiums are meant to be treated to give no taste. I have a couple and they seem to work.

jonb
    Free Member

Aluminium?

Nalgene hard plastic bottle don’t retain a taste.

It’s more to do with the material IIRC. PET would be my bet as to the best one to look for.

tron
    Free Member

Tell her to take smoothies in her own bottles. It’s only a matter of time before every bike bottle you own will be rendered unusable by dried on horror.

The camelbak bottles are taste free by the way, but the valves would get gummed up…

ronjeremy
    Free Member

as said above just buy her one (or two) of her own, failing that start wearing her underwear for riding in and then putting it back in her drawer unwashed, and when challenged just say, well if we are sharing bottles……

LsD
    Free Member

Get her a couple of SIGG………….

thomthumb
    Free Member

specialized ones are good.

they come branded by lots of other companies (look on the base for the s) i have sram and salsa ones.

OrangeChammy
    Free Member

Got to be camelback podiums – great bottle, cost £10, but then a crappy bottle costs about £5 these days.

The podium is BPA free – my wife says this is a good thing, especially if you keep stuff in bottle on a hot day.

I would get the podium chill jacket version – keeps drink cool and also it is useful to prevent it freezing if used on bike on a cold day.

Philby

Another vote for the Camelbak Podiums – great mouthpiece which doesn’t spill as well.

lovewookie

Tell her to take smoothies in her own bottles. It’s only a matter of time before every bike bottle you own will be rendered unusable by dried on horror.

well, she did have some dedicated bottles, but they got left in the car for a couple of days or got left in work, so are not in the nicest state.

I didn’t mind until she nabbed my extra big summer Zefal bottle. I liked that one, it had a decent lid and carried just enough fluid for a 2 hour early morning ride. The normal 750ml bottles don’t quite hold enough.

🙁

I think I’m going to have to buy her stainless steel ones.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

get a load of pink water bottles just for her and treat yourself to some new bottles too warn her that your bottles are out of bounds if’s she’s court using your bottles you get a new bike of your choice worked for me i know have a new road bike well new 105 group and new wheels as i liked my old frame and forks.

just dont let her win if she wins no bottle or camelbak will be sacred ever again and you’ll have to task the green smoothie goo every ride

cannondaleking
    Free Member

ps im safe offshore at mo where she cant get me for spending my money on bike parts instead of her 😉

AdamML
    Free Member

Another vote for the CamelBak Podium bottles here. The locking mouthpiece is really good for stopping it leaking everywhere too.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Podium here too. Does the job well. No bad taste and no leaks.

CrombieCraig
    Free Member

Cheap ones going on PBK just now, works out abot £2.52 per 750ml High 5 bottle and come with 4x High 5 samples. samples alone would cost you more than the bottle.

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=X0438

Just declare these bottles as yours and the Mrs can use the others!

Mounty_73

Another vote for camelback Podiums. I have been using them for quite some time, no problems with taste etc

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Another for Camelback Podiums – only ‘tasteless’ bottle i’ve found to date

TeaBoyPaul

Camelbak Podiums here too! Excellent bottles… Cheap(er) at Merlin Cycles.
    Only slight problem I’ve found with them is its impossible to get the last bit out of the bottle without unscrewing the cap!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘tasteless water bottles’ is closed to new replies.