Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Tandem buggy
  • ratherbeintobago

One for the Dadsnet hive mind.

Wife reckons she saw a tandem buggy today that had a forward facing (front) toddler seat and a rear facing (rear) baby seat. Anyone any suggestions what this might have been?

Ta

Andy

ratherbeintobago

Maybe; what is it?

Andy

aa
    Free Member

like a chicco cortina perhaps?

davidjones15
    Free Member

djglover
    Free Member

Jane powertwin

***If you want to buy one, I have one to sell***

🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

Abc twin zoom too. Can’t link to images on my phone.

Edit yes I can

bland

Right take my word on this as were on twin buggy 3!

They are massive, and i mean massive!I gave mrs B the free reign to get whatever she wanted, so long as it was secondand! Knowing it would be unused and hated and i point blank refused to waste £600+ on one after just buying a £450 single one the year previous.

The first one was a double where they sit next to each other, it was frikking huge and the seats didnt fold up. It completely filled the boot on my Accord Tourer, you couldnt get it in or out of the house and needed a garage to park it in! Sold that for £20 more than she paid so no loss there.

Number two needs to be a one where they go one infront of another so she settled on an Obaby Zoom (they are actually called a few things as they keep changing distributors and are just cheap chinese tat like 99% of whats available. Again, massive, like steering a barge, and pretty much filled the boot again.

Then i basically just told her to get a mclaren (i should say at this point that she didnt want a one of them phil and teds ones where one drags its arse along the floor as they look to be a pain and big one (14 months difference) would not sit there happy)

The Mclaren doubles are great, they fold small, go anywhere, are cheap (relatively) and both get to see where they are going. Oh and the obaby pile of tat sold for £90 more than we bought it for, and i found a used once mclaren one on ebay for £100 so it was free in the end.

Rant over but i hate pushchairs, especially the price for utter shite!

To summarise……..Buy a double Mclaren Twin Techno Buggy!

athgray
    Free Member

It’s like my wife has infiltrated my internet time. I bet there aren’t too many threads on “what headset for a Lapierre Zesty” on mums.net

BTW we have an icandy apple with an adaptor to turn it into a double and it’s quite good. 😉

djglover
    Free Member

We had 5 buggys, like shoes, one pair for every activity

2 basic single buggys for holidays with 2 adults
    1 big twin one for round town
    1 croozer for running / bike trainer
    1 Mclaren double buggy to give to parents for when the kids are there

Just trying to get shot of them all now

ratherbeintobago

To summarise……..Buy a double Mclaren Twin Techno Buggy!

This is my feeling too (or at least a Silver Cross Pop Duo – her majesty’s pram & pushchair are Silver Cross, and the factory shop is in Bradford so not that far from us) however it’s apparently ‘not safe from birth’.

BTW we have an icandy apple with an adaptor to turn it into a double and it’s quite good

We’ll have a look at the iCandy.

Thanks all!

Andy

boblo
    Free Member

To the OP, thank you for not writing “stroller”. Bleuuuuuuggghhh. :-/

johndoh
    Free Member

If you want a McLaren style buggy, look at the Combi We2 – folds smaller than any double, folds smaller than many singles.

🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_LbMnG_CXU&t=4m45s[/video]

(Go to about 4.45 to see the clever foldy bit).

monkeychild
    Free Member

We have the BabY Jogger City Select, this does that and more!!
    highly recommend it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Tandem buggy’ is closed to new replies.