Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tall riders – help please
  • ryderredman
    Free Member

I’m looking for the ‘new bike’ as I’ve currently grown tired of the back ache my Large BFe gives me.

I’ve spotted a Kona Process, in XL. The frame itself has a great write up however from reading it sounds like they’ve tried to go with the style of tinyseatpost.

Just so I don’t impulse buy has any other tall rider on the forum got a 153 in XL? I’m 6’5″ so just thinking if a reference.

Euro
    Free Member

XL sounds bigger than L and it’s got bouncy-bouncy.

It’s like fate or something maaaan. I’m the same height as you and was admiring that very bicycle the other evening. Really rather nice. Issue for me is i’m skint. So you have to buy it. 😉

kudos100
    Free Member

You will have to run a long seatpost to get it to fit. Shouldn’t be a problem.

I was also looking at them and found one on pinkbike. I was put off when I saw how had been ridden.

Great bikes though, definitely one of the best about in terms of geometry.

batman11
    Free Member

I would certainly look in to dropper posts first though since its seat tube is only 18.6 inches ks do the longest posts I know with a 150mm drop and a 435 total length if you’ve got long legs it could be an issue!

kudos100
    Free Member

I would certainly look in to dropper posts first though since its seat tube is only 18.6 inches ks do the longest posts I know with a 150mm drop and a 435 total length if you’ve got long legs it could be an issue!

When are they bringing out the 200mm drop version? 😆

batman11
    Free Member

Just a longer shaft would do 150/475 or something would help 😆

TooTall
    Free Member

When they say ‘shortest seat stays possible’ and have a seat tube that short then my alarm bells ring.

You put a long seat post on that and you’ll be way up and back, very close to being above the rear axle. I used to have a Scott Genius that ended up like that and it was actually hard to keep the front wheel down. Riding up any sort of incline saw me nearly off the back.

I’d avoid, regardless of any other aspect.

perthmtb
    Free Member

Even though both my bikes are already XL frames, I’m a bit ‘leggy’ so the stock 375mm seatposts were on the min insertion point, and I felt like I needed a few mm more. After one frame cracked at the top tube/seat tube junction (may or may not have been related to seat post, but replaced under warranty anyway) I thought I’d better look for a solution. So on my trail bike I got the 150mm LEV which is 435mm overall, and on my XC bike where I don’t need a dropper I got a 450mm Gusset Lofty from Wiggle. Can now extend as far as I like but feel safe there’s still a good length of post in the frame. Not Konas but thought my experiences might be relevant anyway…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tall riders – help please’ is closed to new replies.