Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Talk to me about Voodoo bikes, and others..
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Particularly interested in a Bokor or Wanga frame, rohloff and 100mm fork.

They good frames? What are the sliding drop outs like?

And what other frames that have sliding drop outs would be suitable?

MrSparkle

I have a Wanga that I built up SS. The frame seems to ride quite well. The paint is prone to chipping. I have had the odd problem with the sliding drop outs – I have pulled the back wheel out under power, the screws take a fair bit of tightening up, the adjuster bolt to set the dropouts is a bit small and I am not totally convinced that the dropouts are machined totally equally.
    Having said all that – once I'd got it all set up it was fine. Done two 24 hour races on it in close succession and not had to do owt to it at all, bar cleaning it.

RealMan
    Free Member

No further problems with the sliding drop out then?

MrSparkle

Nope, not as yet. Since building the bike up I reckon I've done a couple of thousand miles on it, mostly in big chunks!

kinda666
    Free Member

Couple of serated washers on the bolts on the slidey dropouts helps it grip a little better!

MrSparkle

Yeah, keep meaning to do that!

kinda666
    Free Member

New models come with a double washer each side!

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Had a Wanga for a couple of years. I did have it built up geared, now I'm setting it up as a SS ready for the Wobble. Nicely finished frames, not sure how the ride compares to others, but it's definitely compliant and can tackle all-day epics no bother. Not had any probs with the dropouts. They've always stayed put for me.

epicyclo

The sliding dropout may shift under pressure when the bike is new. Just remove the paint from under it and problem solved.

rolfharris
    Free Member

thebikechain off here has a Nicolai Argon in small that he wants shot of for about £300 I think (not sure exactly). It fits moi quite nicely at 5'10". If you're going Rolf it has the proper dropouts- which are a godsend.

Rohloffs don't necessarily like sliding dropouts other than the dedicated ones- the speedbone can hit the frame stopping movement. This was the case on my evil sovereign, and so I had to use the torsion bar. It may be the case on the voodoos.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about Voodoo bikes, and others..’ is closed to new replies.