Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Talk to me about the Bell Super, if you please…..
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Long time Giro fanboi here, after a spell with Vetta and Bell BITD, it’s been E2s and Xaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrs through many a year. The latter has proved a very comfy lid, as per, but has a major issue in that the RocLoc keeps breaking at a small little tab connecting the two bits. As such, it’s time for a new lid and the Bell Super’s looking, well, super. However, would appreciate any real world experience if you have it!

(Large noggin, and tend to run very warm!)

boxxer7
    Free Member

Got mine two weeks ago, crashed on my first ride with it, put a few nice marks up the back of it and had a sore shoulder for the rest of the week.

Having come from a enduromatic, it’s heavier by a fair margin and just as hot to ride in. However it fits me better and having the speed dial bit I find its far more secure when you do have a spill( the enduromatic fitted great)

A few people seem to have mentioned the bolts going missing but all in I’m pretty happy with mine, the trade off being that it is heavier than the previous lid but it protects a bit better and has a better fitting system.

z1ppy

Good review I’d agree with what Kayak23 says in his review.

The Xar wouldn’t fit me comfortably, so have was looking for a replacement for my Xen for far to long, as the Feature simply doesn’t have enough vents for me. Tried the Bell on and it cupped my head so well that it felt like the Xen (of which I’ve had 2 over 8/9 years) had been sitting on my head rather than cupping it. The venting works well but again due to shape it does cover more of my head than the Xen, and so I’d suggest it does have to work harder.
    Minor niggles are the visor bolts which are a little pathetic & seemingly the distributer isn’t even gunna try (admittedly I haven’t bothered chasing for one), but hardly a reason to put you off the helmet completely.
    Can’t report on the longevity of the speed dial system, I know a concern on your Xar, but had mine just under two months and no issues to report. Seemingly a bunch of ‘AM’ type helmets appeared after this one (TLD and IXS for a start), I don’t regret buying the Super over those

Loving my badger look.. couldn’t live with a white one and the green really is lurid!

PS: on the large bonse front, the largest Urge-o-matic wouldn’t even fit on my head, the Super fits fine.

carlphillips
    Free Member

liking mine, fits better than the flux it replaced and feels way mor secure, kayak23 did a review on here a wee while ago.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Excellent, thanks all!

Looks like it might even work as a spring ski helmet as well….. 8)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about the Bell Super, if you please…..’ is closed to new replies.