Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Taekwondo
  • bakey

I’ve been doing this for the last 10 months and really enjoying the training. Does anyne else partake and,if so, any suggestions to improve flexibility?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

as my master said to me when i was training – stop cycling.

MrsToast
    Free Member

I used to, got to red tag before my knees utterly gimped me. Loved it to bits though. It was a shame when they stopped board-breaking for non-black belts, I loved a bit of board bashing. : (

TuckerUK
    Free Member

You could always buy one of those hand cranked leg spreading torture devices exercisers, although I never had the courage.

willard

Stretch every day for about 30 minutes, and keep doing it every day.

I did TKD for three and a half years (got to yellow belt, but sparred at black belt level – f’cked up I know, but I missed a lot of gradings), and it is the only way to get any sort of flexibility. I used to be able to kick above head height on me (call it 7 feet), but after leaving uni and taking up ninjutsu, can’t do that any more.

TKD is bad for your joints. Take care of them.

emma82
    Free Member

I went once, got punched in the face by some dick with a ponytail. The instructor told him off, I kicked him in the balls. Never again

supercyril
    Free Member

Flexability is not always the answer. Its more often a case of lacking strength. Try practicing your kicks really slowly and holding them at the point of completion for a couple seconds before returning under control.

wrightyson
    Free Member

My uncle who’s one of the highest qualified in the uk struggles to climb in and out of a car. Reckons he’s fine once he’s warmed up 😯

Coyote
    Free Member

What Cyril said. Flexibility without the strength is not a good thing.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

TKD is bad for your joints. Take care of them.

Combat sports in general are bad for your joints.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Taekwondo’ is closed to new replies.