• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Hip.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • syringes
  • andywarner
    Free Member

would you use a different syringe for each different job (e.g. brake fluid, fork fluid, degreaser) or just clean the same one and use for different things? what would you clean it with to ensure the fluids don't contaminate one another?

Hip
    Free Member

Just buy a couple for each job, they are cheap enough…

You could always mark them according to what's been in them. Don't think they'll last long if you keep cleaning them out, they need a certain amount of lubrication to move.

andywarner
    Free Member

nice one you were right. i scoured the net for ages and couldn't find any then as a last resort looked on ebay. got 10 20ml syringes for £1.49 + £1.50 p+p. bloody brilliant!

zaskar
    Free Member

Might be worth buying some if they are cheap so you don't contaminate your brakes with residues from other fluids.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I even have mine marked up for dirrent weights of fork oil.

zaskar
    Free Member

Dr Onzadog! lol

tom84
    Free Member

i find one of the massive 50ml ones handy for mixing and applying latex solution to tyres, it makes it easy to add latex when the tyre is just so, nearly on the rim, or through the valve

Hip
    Free Member

AW – That's quite good value. I think the 30ml's I bought from a local vets were about 50 or 60p each.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘syringes’ is closed to new replies.