Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • C2W decisions decisions – help please!
  • SheffyP
    Free Member

Well I really wanted to get a roadrat for my daily commute, but my C2W provider is halfrauds and apparently they have F’d cotic around so they can no longer source the bikes from them.

So I have £700 to spend (not a penny more) and I want a nice fast commuter that will be speedy on the road and robust enough to take the 1.5miles of bridleway I have at the end.

Would also consider buying a bike to use the components on the RR frame. So good component spec on a crappy frame would be good.

Anyone seen anything that might fit the bill?

Thanks

rj
    Free Member

One of the Boardman hybrids would fit the bill. Supposed to be good in their own right, or a cheap way to get a high spec RR.

funkynick

Do you have a local Leisure Lakes? They take Halfords vouchers and will deal with Cotic as I asked them last week…

Sorted!

It’s what I am doing…

I think that there are a couple of other bike shops that will take the vouchers too, I think Alpine Bikes do… there maybe more..

mcboo
    Free Member

Boardman do a singlespeed alu road bike for £500.

http://www.boardmanbikes.com/road/road_comp_sc.html

If it’s anything like the rest of the range it will be pretty darn good. I’m getting a Team Carbon as soon as Halfords complete the paperwork. Have to say the cycle2work peaople and the guys in bikehut have been a pleasure to deal with so far…….

mcboo
    Free Member

doh….just seen the bit about bridleway. hybrid?

http://www.boardmanbikes.com/hybrid/hybrid_team.html

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Edinburgh bike co op stuff?

SheffyP
    Free Member

They can source any of the following….
    Halfords range- including Boardman, Dahon, Kona, Pashley
    Specialized
    Voodoo
    Giant
    Scott
    Cannondale
    Orange
    Trek(Collection only)
    Marin (Collection only)
    Gary Fisher (Collection Only)
    Mezzo
    Charge
    Ridgeback
    Genesis
    Pearson
    Viner Gladius
    Dolan Mythos
    GT International range
    Wilier
    Ridley
    Pashley
    Dawes
    Brompton
    Urban Mover
    Powabyke
    Chickencycles.co.uk

Anyone know of any nice hybrids in that lot?

SheffyP
    Free Member

funkynick – whats this about vouchers?

Sounds a way to go. can you give me moew details.

Ta

S

funkynick

I believe it works like this…

You should get a Letter of Collection (LoC) or similar from your employer which you then hand over to Halfords when you pick the bike up. I think you’ll need it on hand for ordering over the phone as well…

However, if you take the LoC to Leisure Lakes they can then do the getting of the bike for you.

I’m hoping that’s correct as I’ve just signed up for the maximum £1000 through work here and that comes through Halfords…

*fingers crossed*

bigsi
    Free Member

Saw a guy bombing along the SDW on a Brompton last Friday so that could be an option 😯

BlobOnAStick

It’s not just Leisure Lakes that’ll take Halfords vouchers.

On Your Bike do as well. In fact I’m willing to bet you’ll be able to find someone who’ll do you a RR on a Halfords voucher….

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i’m getting a bit disillusioned with this scheme.

My company is doing it through halfords too, but not passing on any VAT savings (which they can). This means i’m only saving around 30% ish. given the hassle of getting a non-halfords bike i’m not sure its worth it. End of year sales often have discounts of 30%. A CTC membership gets 10% off lots of places too. Plus you don’t really own the bike for 18 months, and with the price increases lots of bikes are just out of reach (was thinking of a Jake the Snake).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘C2W decisions decisions – help please!’ is closed to new replies.