Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Syria.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Is it just me or is it odd that although it’s got armed forces hugely more powerful than Gaddaffi used to have (which took the combined might of the British and French airforce plus comparitively heavily-armed rebels to dislodge), the Syrian dictatorship is collapsing after such a brief conflict?

Given that we’ve been told the Syrian rebels are armed with just a couple of AK47’s and a lollipop stick…

scuzz
    Free Member

Well, first of all Libya is roughly three times the size of Syria, the Free Syrian Army has got about 3 tanks as well!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

How does that effect the speed of the collapse of Syria, given the supposed dearth of armament and support available to the rebels?

scuzz
    Free Member

given the supposed dearth of armament and support available to the rebels?

Well the rebels (they reckon there are about 40,000 of them) seem to mostly be members of the regular army that deserted. They bring their light weapons, they know where arms stores are and raid them, and the place is in the Middle East – there must be a massive arms black market.

Klunk
    Free Member

One of the problems for Syria some of it’s armed forces are tied up on the Golan Heights and in Lebanon. Not that Israel would invade but they may well be moving stuff around a lot to keep Damascus worried 😉

maccruiskeen

I’m not sure why you think this is happening quickly Woppit – what point in time are you measuring from?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Ah. You could be right. It just “seems” that way…

MrSalmon
    Free Member

You seem to be suggesting there’s more to it than meets the eye. What do you think it is? That they’ve got more/better weapons than they’re letting on?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Possibly, but then come to think of it, what would be the purpose in that sleight of hand?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I suppose that it could just be exactly the way it’s being reported, but the Syrian army is just incompetent. Or maybe morale is shot to shit.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The FSA is being supported by the US/NATO. It did grate to hear a White House spokesman condone, yes condone, a suicide bombing… still one mans’s terrorist is anothers compliant government-in-waiting…

wrecker
    Free Member

still one mans’s terrorist is anothers compliant government-in-waiting…

So they hope. They underestimate the involvement of Al Quaeda.
    Step forward the muslim brotherhood to piss on americas fireworks.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m not sure why one successful suicide bomber which had a devastating effect signifies that the regime is “collapsing”, although I can understand why the opposition and the US might want to suggest that it does.

An interesting fact is that there has been a suggestion that the West, in other words the US, might intervene if Assad’s regime collapses. Because although the US/West has been doing it’s utmost to support the opposition (whilst simultaneously demanding an end to the conflict) it apparently trusts the opposition even less than Assad’s regime.

Syria: West may be forced to seize Bashar al-Assad’s toxic gas stockpile

International troops could be forced to intervene in Syria if the collapse of President Bashar al-Assad’s regime were to leave stockpiles of his chemical weapons vulnerable to terrorists

Like Israel, Syria has not signed the Chemical Weapons Convention of 1997, nor is it a member of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, which verifies stockpiles of these weapons. Outside experts say that Syria’s chemical weapons programme dates back to the 1970s and ranks among the most advanced in the Middle East.

The rationale for his arsenal is to counterbalance a nuclear-armed Israel on Syria’s western flank and a NATO-allied Turkey on the northern frontier. Experts believe Mr Assad is highly unlikely to use these munitions against his domestic opponents.

America has identified “at least a dozen or so sites that have some very serious chemical weapon caches,” said Mike Rogers, a Republican Congressman who chairs the House of Representatives Intelligence Committee. He told CNN that the attendant risk “keeps me up at night”. [/i]

kimbers

or is it that saudi, bahrain etc are supplying the rebels with weapons a lot more sophisticated than just AK47s?
    weapons we sold to them in the first place

maybe im being cynical but id be surprised if we* dint have some form of (ex)special forces/advisors involved as well

yunki
    Free Member

the farcical ‘war on terror’ has so much less blame (and often embarrassment) attached when you can persuade the next objective to attempt to destroy itself..

*sheds tear* so proud

wrecker
    Free Member

the farcical ‘war on terror’ has so much less blame (and often embarrassment) attached when you can persuade the next objective to attempt to destroy itself..

Yep, this is the way to do it. If America are the world police, we’re the world shit stirrers. Like it.

chewkw
    Free Member

They have been rather indecisive about their earlier actions so it’s a bit too late now if top army personnel start to desert them. The way to do it is if you catch some rebels in your area you flatten that area which what ever you have i.e. not shelling … that’s lame. Send in the entire arm forces …

This is also an opportunity to drag in Russia and China to start the mother of all wars by using nuclear weapons to reduce mankind by half (oh by the way they will breed fast so no lost) which I support totally. Or to use the British ways of kettling but then once they are encircled you do what the Japanese do to dolphins.

Also he could have learned from N.Korea or China in curbing unrest the proper ways. They could have sealed all the boarders to avoid weapon to be smuggled into the country.

They could easily get USA etc to get off their back with other superpowers.

Or if USA is that good I think they should start using nuclear weapon as well. They should … try it. Go on you want it. Kill all maggots.

Why are all sides pussy footings I do not know. Let’s start the mother of all wars and destroy all maggots in the world as they have been infesting the world for longer enough. Time to start new.

Please start a nuclear war …

More fuel to the fire please … more!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

There’s just one tiny flaw in your argument, chewkw, which you may have overlooked in your rush to simplicity…

People are not maggots.

chewkw
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member

People are not maggots.

Yes, they are! (pantomime)

As for simplicity … yes, that is the purpose. You are not suppose to think too much or if you try to rationalise then there would be no war. Act first then deal with the aftermath later. You need to provoke before you can start the mother of all wars. You cant fight with yourself. That’s lame. 🙄

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Something tells me to be glad that you are a person of no influence.

yunki
    Free Member

As for simplicity … yes, that is the purpose. You are not suppose to think too much or if you try to rationalise then there would be no war. Act first then deal with the aftermath later. You need to provoke before you can start the mother of all wars

calm down Genghis

chewkw
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member

Something tells me to be glad that you are a person of no influence.

Yes, I think of that too …

Like it or not there will be a major war once the last middle east kingdom fall. You know which one … the holy land. Then all middle east countries will unite to beocme United State of whatever they intend to call. Then they spread their influences … and all you fragmented smaller western states are nothing to them. Then when they physically try to turn the world middle eastern … someone press the red button because they have had enough and annihilate all to kingdom come … then earth will be in peace to regenerate.

yunki – Member

calm down Genghis

Yes, he is one good example. Act first.

Oh ya … when Genghis ruled Persia (Iran) everyone lived in harmony regardless of their religions. He applied equal opportunity policy or simply being fair to all. i.e. equal punishment. Then Genghis became bias by changing his religion and the result is the downfall of mankind which turn the place into what they are now.

zippykona

“pack your bags Marge we are going to live under the sea”

wrecker
    Free Member

Looks like the regeime are going to royally kick the living shit out of Damascus.

48 hours to cleanse Damascus of terrorists

😯

Perhaps they should find a word other than “cleanse”?

chewkw
    Free Member

wrecker – Member

Perhaps they should find a word other than “cleanse”?

Bear in mind they are not native English speakers so the word they use might have different meanings … Or use words like – re-educate, assimilate, changing mindset, relocation … 😀

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Bear in mind that Syria is an ally of Iran. With Syria out of contention as an ally a US/NATO/Israeli attack on Iran is more likely. The globalists are re-ordering the middle-east and it’s resources as they want it to be.

alpin
    Free Member

clenz?

elzorillo
    Free Member

Looks like another regime change engineered by the west.. More blood on our hands, and for what?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Syria.’ is closed to new replies.