Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Litter louts in Wales, a moan…
  • unstableJ
    Free Member

Had some great riding in Souh Wales at the weekend at Afan and Cwncarn but blimey there was a lot of litter.

Those little gel packets being the worst offending item, if folk have carried it in full how hard is it to carry out empty! 🙁

moan over…

Nick

Did you pick them up and put them in the bin?

unstableJ
    Free Member

Filled my mesh pocket on the back of the Camel twice, but there’s only so much one man can carry and still enjoy his ride!

jam-bo

i blame it on strava.

Nick

Filled my mesh pocket on the back of the Camel twice, but there’s only so much one man can carry and still enjoy his ride!

Good attitude! I mean wrf is wrong with some people eh!

i blame it on strava.

😀

huw
    Free Member

Always stop and pick people’s litter up on the trails; cereal bar wrappers, cans of redbull/Monster, gel wrappers the usual stuff. Unfortunately it gets tricky when I come across burnt out cars, difficult to fit into my pack 😉

unstableJ
    Free Member

yea, couldn’t quite fit the child’s slide in my Camelbac either!

(actually spotted by side of trail at Afan! Think it was unlikely to be a mountain biker though!)

jonahtonto
    Free Member

im forever picking up other peoples litter, both on the bike but especially when our with the dogs. iv just accepted that it is one of those things. but now and again a passer by has said thank you to me for doing it – made my day.
    so thank you J 🙂

unstableJ
    Free Member

Well, if we can all promote the altruistic approach on here it’ll help 🙂

scuttler

I pick up loads of litter, particularly where I know its mountain bikers i.e. on bike trails, known bike bits, energy gels and monster energy cans. Annoys me but now I have it in my head that it’s to appease the trail gods and see me safely down when I start to get all rad or out of shape. But now I can’t flippin help it living in fear of a big crash.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

It’s interesting when you pick it up and give it back to them. Some people take affront at this.

grum
    Free Member

I usually pick up a few bits – at Llandegla you’d be there all day and night if you stopped for every bit. Pretty sickening TBH.

zerocool

Tell me about it, I filled a bin bag of crap at FOD a few months ago whilst I was injured and up there photographing friends. mainly drinks bottle, tear offs and energy bar/gel/drink wrappers/cans. Some expensive brands as well so couldn’t all just be young kids as most of them won’t consuming the high end stuff.

rOcKeTdOg

I picked up an empty tin of sardines at the top of the leg burner climb at Nanty, who the heck eats sardines whilst riding!

gwaelod
    Free Member

Rubbish bin on a cyclepath in the netherlands

http://hembrowcyclingholidays.com/photos.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Litter louts in Wales, a moan…’ is closed to new replies.