Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Swinley – Open yet?
  • 5AM
    Free Member

Anyone know if it’s ok to be out again in the forest now; and if there are any parts that should still be avoided?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well, there’s a lot of it been burnt down, and the local roads were still shut on Sunday evening. On top of that I think trees were felled to stop the fire. My guess it that some areas will be pretty much wrecked.

thepurist

Latest update

Full public access from 8pm this evening. The main bike parts weren’t affected as the fire was in the NE corner, over by the Corkscrew etc.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I kept riding whilst it was burning, didn’t need a flame proof suit except when I said as such on here!

Burnt bits:
    The area behind surrey hill resevoir (towards TV mast)
    The area behind the corkscrew heading down towards Devils highway (crowthorne side of the bridge).

Very few trails burnt, a few of the less well known bits in crowthorne woods have been washed away by all the water though and occasional tree felling for fire breaks has cut through some bits, but not much.

5AM
    Free Member

Mmmm I was really hoping to go out straight after work at about 18:30.
    I guess I may just have to leave it until tomorrow then, or perhaps try and catch someone from the FC and ask if they are happy for me to go out.

But now seeing thisisnotaspoon’s post perhaps I can 🙂

cinnamon_girl

😳

Didn’t get told off yesterday.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Swinley – Open yet?’ is closed to new replies.