Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Swinley one evening this week?
  • scuttler

For all my sins I'm in Bracknell all week. Will anyone be riding in Swinley on Mon, Wed or Thu this week after about 1800 and be willing to show me around?

Tiger6791

From the facebook group. Join it.

Subject: Tuesday evening ride..
    Hi,

I'm looking to lead a ride out on Tuesday leaving the Lookout for 6:15.

Hopefully it will be a medium paced ride taking in some of the trails in Crowthorne woods and over surrey hill.

Please let me know if you are coming so I know to keep an eye out for you.

Meeting at the usual spot, under the wooden pagoda in front of the discovery centre.

Hope to see you out on the trails!

scuttler

Thanks. Will possibly be down in the North Downs on Tuesday. Any other day anyone?

martinh
    Free Member

There's a group of us usually out Thursday evenings, start point flexible

Tiger6791

Will be going tonight now, anymore for a pootle?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not tonight, although I might be free on Thursday.

On a related note, does anyone know a trail called 'new england switchbacks'?

thepurist

Not by name, but I can probably guess which one it is – starts with a drop down, over a fireroad then back up again before lots of small berms? Head in above the 'N' of New England Hill on the 1:25K OS map & keep going…

Tiger6791

new england switchbacks

Yep, you know the double drop bit (out of tanktraps up the fireroad to the Manhole, left to the double drops, not right that takes you to the gulley)

Anyway off the double drops across the fireroad up the short steep bit, follow this to fireroad, turn right at next fireroad turn left and it's at the end of the that fireroad on the right.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Cheers, will do some exploring 🙂

scuttler

Will be there at 1800 (Discovery car park). Silver Mazda 6, Orange 5.

molgrips
    Free Member

I'd join you but it's SITS at the weekend and I don't have my bike…

scuttler

Will be out tonight (Thursday) loitering around the car park and pagoda at 1815.

Tiger6791

Sorry I missed you on Tuesday, didn't see your post till I was home.

Have you found any good bits yet?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I suspect that as I'm in the bad books for buying a BMX magazine rather than doing the ironing last night that even though a pass may be granted it may result in the locks being changed by the time I got home!

martinh
    Free Member

I was struggling to follow the instructions to find New England until I looked at an OS map. From the Lookout end of Whole Nine Yards, turn around and the entrance is in front of you, slightly to the right

Anyone out tonight?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Swinley one evening this week?’ is closed to new replies.