Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Swinley on Saturday/Sunday morning?
  • Kahurangi

There’s a flying chance that I’m hooning down to see some mates for the weekend in That London’s Famous Putney.

I’d be taking the mtb and would get myself off to Swinley either Saturday or Sunday (possibly both) while they’re out on road bikes.

Likely that I’d bump in to any of you good folks there? Spoon?

Fat chance – still burning

joolsburger
    Free Member

get on the a3 from putney and head for peaslake 35 mins or so.

catfood
    Free Member

Only burning near the corkscrew, otherwise all is well.

thepurist

otherwise all is well.

…except the Lookout is closed until Monday at least.

catfood
    Free Member

Ah, I parked in Bagshot but all is well in the forest is what I meant. Well Babymaker was a bit too sandy if Im going to nitpick.

Kahurangi

If I do decide to try and go, is the car park closed or the forest ‘closed’ to visitors?

Aidan
    Free Member

Regardless of how you feel about your own safety, I’d think you should avoid the forest to avoid some sort of “Idiot mountain biker risks fireman’s life by ignoring advice” outrage.

Each to their own, but you can easily reach The Chiltern Hills, Surrey Hills, and Tunnel Hill from the Western parts of London.

catfood
    Free Member

The car park is closed the forest is open.

soobalias
    Free Member

the chilterns is closed

catfood
    Free Member

Or you could go there and not go near the corkscrew as the rest of the 2000 or so acres are clear.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I went out last night and the firebrigade were happy enough for riders to be in the woods, it’s more of a lots of smoke, no real fire kinda fire now and they were damping down fire breaks etc incase it picks up again. Actualy had a good ride exploring the trails arround Broadmoor.

Best bet is to meet up in Camberley and ride in from that end. I’m meeting up with some guys in Pangbourne for a Chilterns ride on Saturday morning (you’re welcome to join us). Or sometime early on Sunday morning for a Swinley ride?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Swinley on Saturday/Sunday morning?’ is closed to new replies.