Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Swinley forest guide
  • jimr80
    Free Member

I’ve got to pick the misus up in Bracknell on Saturday so will be looking to ride in Swinley forest Satuday from 10am for 2-4 hours. I know the old answer is go explore or follow other bike tracks , but if someone wants to show me around it would save me trying to string a loop together.

singletracksurfer

sorry not around, but i’m sure you’ll see some riders there to follow if no one comes forward from here.

not a great place to just rock up to, to try and find trails yourself to be honest.

got a gpx file somewhere if it helps.

thepurist

Top tip – grab one of the (admittedly rubbish) maps, stop on a busy bit of fire road or the end of some singletrack and peer intently at the map. Someone’s bound to stop and ask if you know where you’re going, or let you join them – I always do when I see someone doing that sort of thing. Can’t make Sat tho, sorry.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

[edit] no I won’t, I’m supposed to be at my parents this weekend 🙁

philconsequence
    Free Member

Take a look on the mtb Britain forum, chances are someone will be down and they’re fantastic for showing new people around

jimr80
    Free Member

cheers guys

surfer , a gpx file would be great if you’ve got one. email in profile.

purist, i may try that if all else fails.

phil, i’ll check them out.

jimr80
    Free Member

any others riding there this saturday

flipiddy
    Free Member

IMB has a useful swinley guide with a few gpx routes at the end of the article, although you will need a 1:25k gps to get the best out of it.

http://www.imbikemag.com/issue4/

atlaz
    Free Member

I *might* be out there on Sat AM. Feel free to drop me an email and if it does look like I’m going I can email you to say.

biker66
    Free Member

I’ve never managed to ‘string a loop’ but I always find loads of great stuff to ride just taking trails from the fire roads

spacemonkey

Even if you just rock up you’ll find it’s pretty condensed in parts, with trails criss-crossing all over the place. A fair few are mono-directional but even so, there’s plenty to tuck into. Usually plenty of riders to hook up with on a Sat though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Swinley forest guide’ is closed to new replies.