Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Swinley conditions at the moment
  • hooli

Has anybody been to Swinley in the last week or so? If so, what are conditions like after the recent rain.

When I was there last winter it was a bike destroying muddy mess in parts but I understand some work has been done on some of the trails.

Thanks.

junitrules
    Free Member

Yeah – went on Saturday just gone.

We did first part of the blue, then from 3-9 on the red then back using fire roads as it was pitch black!

The blue was fine, no mud really
    The red section we did had a bit of mud but nothing too major yet.

They’ve put more sand down in places, which helps.

hooli

Thanks mate, I will pop down one evening this week if it isnt too bad.

faustus

I was also there saturday last, and all was fine, blue and red. The only mud was on some of the linking fireroads on the red, where it has been used by heavy vehicles by the looks of it. I hope it’s less busy for you on a weekday evening, than it was for me on saturday!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Was fine on Saturday on the cobbles. Hadn’t been for ages and it’s as dull as always, but dry 😉 . Just the linking sections mucky in places.

Been pissing it down this afternoon though, but the cobble stuff is at least fairly all weather.

ade9933
    Free Member

yup – was there today did the blue and red and some of the other bits – first time there.

Trails were fine. Some of the fire tracks a bit muddy but all good.

Nicer when not torrential rain.

nedrapier

XXXXxxx**** Happy New Year, Swinley Conditions thread! ****xxxXXXX

How is it now? Last time I was there, I lost a fair bit or metal to the grinding paste on the red and probably didn’t do the trails any favours.

A lot of the bowl-y berm type things on the blue had turned into mandatory wall rides with water jeopardy features too!

Any better now? It’s been relatively dry recently, hasn’t it?

njee20
    Free Member

Was there 10 days ago, and it was virtually bone dry. A few splashy bits on the red fireroads. Not had much rain since, so imagine it’ll be fine still.

nedrapier

huzzah! Cheers, njee!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Swinley conditions at the moment’ is closed to new replies.