Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • swinley
  • thomthumb
    Free Member

rode swinley yesterday and had a good laugh in the sunshine. but i’m confused by the trail map; is this correct: couldn’t find the freeride zone – saw the new one which isn’t open yet on gravel hill. but couldn’t find one near the reservoir…

http://www.thecrownestate.co.uk/media/289819/mountain-biking-routes-in-swinley-forest.pdf

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’s kinda on the left before you get to red 15. There isn’t much there though just some old steep trails and a couple of gaps, it was never really part of the ‘official’ trails despite appearing on the map, they’ve also flattened jump gulley.

Goldigger
    Free Member

I noticed some new trails/jumps on the side of gravel hill, visible from the first part of the blue…
    When are these going to he finished/open?

akira

Jumps looked pretty sizeable. Thanks to anyone who was encouraging to us going round with a group of twelve kids this morning, shame to all the guys skidding and and trying to overtake a big groups of kids, some words were exchanged.

singletracksurfer

Yep you do get a few riders who like to tell kids and anyone to get out there @#+& way, while on the blue route. They must be ever so fast and breaking records. On a weekend morning too 🙄

We always get out the way as soon as we can but one time my boy fell off when someone was buzzing his wheel and he swore and shouted at him for falling in his way and slowing him down. Nice intro to mtb’ing that was.

akira

95% of people were great, the other 5% were lucky to only get a few stern words. If you don’t want to get held up then swinley on a sunny Saturday morning is a poor choice.

burko73

Strava heroes…. Ruin of a good ride.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘swinley’ is closed to new replies.