Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • swimming goggles
  • dobo
    Free Member

there must be some swimmers on here that have tried many swimming goggles, what would you or wouldnt you recommend for the pool or the sea?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I use Speedo Futura in the ‘Junior’ size, as I have a small head. Very good fit, comfy and last ages.

TooTall
    Free Member

I’d recommend what fits your face best. There isn’t a single brand that fits everyone, so try a few.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Zoggs Predator Flex

sweepy
    Free Member

aqua sphere kaiman are the best ive had, dont leak, and are comfortable for over an hour, unlike any others.

iDave
    Free Member

Zoggs of some sort. Don’t like them.

dobo
    Free Member

1 for zoggs, speedo and aqua sphere 🙂
    yea i tried a few pairs in the shop but tbh they all kinda seem to be ok, i guess its only when you get in the pool its when you find they arnt quite as good as you thought in the shop
    actually wouldnt mind trying the aquasphere ones as they look like they have bigger lens? not seen in the shop though

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The best pair I had were some expensive speedo ones but they don’t make them anymore. The predator flexs fit my face well and are comfortable… they do a polarized version too.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Some Nike ones from TK Maxx they were £3.99, which is my upper limit on cost as I usualy forget them in the changing room.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

+1 AquaSphere Kaiman

AlasdairMc

Godfreys or equivalent, the lack of padding means they fit without any faff and don’t leak.

dooosuk
    Free Member

I just got a £2.99 pair from Decathlon. Used them last night with no leaks, no fogging etc.

You don’t need to spend a lot…just make sure they fit.

cp

as all above, fit is important, see if you can get to a shop that stocks a few pairs.

I got lucky first time round with speedo futura ice biofuse or something, in that they fit OK but the seal doesn’t last long and they fog badly after a few uses. They are also big…

I’ve gone through a few since and am now on speedo aquasocket which are great for me, primarily as I have a big nose and they come with a wide range of nose bridge piecees. The lenses are nice, and I like the fact they fit close to the face so don’t feel like they’re trying to fall off my face as I push off in the pool.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Unfortunately they’ve discontinued my favourite goggles – zoggs hydroskinz.

But definitely look for some with interchangeable nose pieces.

If you’re going to be swimming outside think about the tint you want

thomthumb
    Free Member

i go on wiggle and buy something for under a tenner.

had aquasphrere and zoggs. all much of a muchness ime.

brassneck

aqua sphere kaiman are the best ive had, dont leak, and are comfortable for over an hour, unlike any others

+1

The kids Aqua Spheres are great too (for kids, bit of a stretch on me) like mini diving mask.

tonyd

I have some AquaSphere Eagles for open water swimming – they have a slight wrap around which helps peripheral vision and watching out for flying elbows in group starts. They’re getting old so tend to fog up a bit now but a good bit of spit or anti-fog gunk sorts that out. You can also change the lenses so if it’s a particularly bright day you can put darker lenses in, although I’ve never bothered.

For the pool I use whatever I happen to have, just not the Eagles or anything meant for open water swimming as it looks a bit silly. Currently using a pair that I got free with a wetsuit some years ago.

llama

speedo speedsockets

Ro5ey
    Free Member

May I hi-jack a swimming thread please.

I’m new/rediscovered swmimng…. How many breaths do you take per 25m when cruising front crawling?

I’m breathing maybe 8 times a lenght when breathing every two stokes

I know most people breath every 2/3/4 stokes but I’ve got a pretty long stoke and as much as I’d love to breath every 3/4 (feel much smoother through the water) I run out of breath and get knackered.

Any ideas or should I be happy sticking to 2 strokes per breath

cp

just keep working at holding your breath! You can do some good drills with holding your breath for 3/4/5 stroeks at a time. You’ll probably only manage a length, even only going from 2-3 srokes per breath.

I made the change about 18 months ago – it was painful, took a couple of months to get anywhere near comfortable, but it’s worth it.

TiRed

Speedo Rift

Oh how my friend laughed when I first wore them… Now he owns several colours. Peripheral vision is fantastic with contact lenses. You’ll get some looks, but being able to see clearly down a 25m pool is great. Probably not the last word for racing 😆

stever
    Free Member

rosey – Are you really really running out of breath or does it just feel like it? Relaxing into it is half the battle. I’m a breath-every-3, alternate-sides, person, which works for me. Am I reading that right – 8 breaths and 16 arm strokes? Every 2 sounds ok with that sort of stroke length. Not an expert tho, unless you count son of swim teacher 🙂

dobo
    Free Member

i thought i’d post back and say that i bought some speedo futura biofuse, so far so good, i’m not sure they are perfect but good enough and not expensive.
    the misses bought some lady aquasphere kaimans, they look and she looks way cooler than me in goggles! but she did say they misted up a couple times

Harry_the_Spider

Klunk
    Free Member

go to any pool, and ask if you can try on the goggles in the lost and found (there should be loads) see what fits and is comfy (no guarantee they’ll not leak though)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I just put my hands over my eyes.

damo2576
    Free Member

I just been looking into this and was recommended these or these

trebord
    Free Member

zoggs predator are great for me..

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Holy thread resurrection Batman.

heuer27
    Free Member

I’ve got the kaimans and they leak on my face at the tear duct part of my eye socket. Bought some zoggs predator flex and they are really comfortable and seal properly for me.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘swimming goggles’ is closed to new replies.