Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Hardly suprising though is it??

nickc

She's 27!?!

I'm sure she's very nice an' all, but FFS I'd not really want a 27 year old representing me at parliament, What on earth does she know about anything? Mind you it's so deeply blue where I live, if the next Tory candidate was a steaming pile of Donkey vomit, it'd get voted in

kimbers

essentially its tories win by default

kimbers

27!

its ok she has the haircut and dress sense of a woman twice her age

aracer
    Free Member

Nice to see her mum and dad both there to hold her hand for the first day at school.

Nice to see GB hiding his head in the sand "The Conservative vote went down, the Liberal vote went down, only the fringe parties saw their votes going up,"

BigDummy
    Free Member

I think it is fair to say that all future catastrophes are now priced in to current Labour support. Mass famine, a nuclear war with the Welsh and a plague of vicious chickens will probably not depress their share of the vote any further before the general election.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Suggesting a 27 year old doesn't know anything about anything is stupid, especially one who may well have dedicated the past decade to learning about exactly the things she's now working towards. You wouldnt ask what a recently graduated doctor knows about cancer, you'd like the fact that they had the latest training and knew about the latest advances. Sure you might want someone with more experience cutting stuff out of you, but then you'd have to accept the experienced doc may well write you off before starting.

nickc

Coffeking in order to be a Doctor you have to spend an awful lot of time studying and being tested, there is no huge course full of exams to become an MP. I'm sure she knows no more or no less about "how things work" than most other 27 year olds. But then she doesn't have to either, Modern Politics dictates that she'll say EXACTLY what the "Media Advisor" tells her to say. Still wouldn't want her as my MP, thanks all the same

aracer
    Free Member

The difference is that you don't need to be an MP to get experience of stuff which is useful for being an MP, and it's hardly like you're going to get that sort of experience once you are an MP.

meehaja
    Free Member

I'm 27 and I know lots of things. there's also lots of things I don't know. Lots of people at my work think I don't know anything as I'm "not experienced enough" but in most cases "expereince" is nothing more than doing something one way, then carrying on doing it that way for 20 years. I wouldn't vote for her though.

trailmonkey

An MP aged 27 is ridiculous. It speaks volumes about the weakness of the opposing candidates and the desperation of the electorate to vote for someone whose real life experience is more than likely extremely limited and lets face it, following recent revelations, probably highly sheltered.
    Sad state of affairs all round.

Marmoset
    Free Member

More dangerously, she wants to be an MP at the age of 27 – that's gotta be wrong! Anyone who wants to be one, shouldn't be one IMHO….

noteeth
    Free Member

More dangerously, she wants to be an MP at the age of 27 – that's gotta be wrong!

Given her age, I'm unsure as to how Churchill's famous maxim ("If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain”) should be applied.

aracer
    Free Member

I'd take a wild guess that if she's becoming a Tory MP at 27 she wasn't a liberal at 20.

noteeth
    Free Member

I'd take a wild guess that if she's becoming a Tory MP at 27 she wasn't a liberal at 20.

Which is why I'm inclined to take a dim view of her. I remain rather suspicious of young political hacks.

aracer
    Free Member

Having seen the type who got involved with "proper" politics at Uni, I have to agree with you there, noteeth.

noteeth
    Free Member

Indeed. Horrible to observe.

kimbers

like there is a difference between labour/tory/lib dem mps !!

same policies, same rhetoric, same blind obedience to the party line, its only the colour of the rosette thats any different

mtbfix

We are well on our way to another 18 years of Tory mis-management, corruption and making the rich richer. History repeats, as it ever did.

aracer
    Free Member

I don't think we were being party political, kimbers – I certainly wasn't. I'd be just as suspicious of an MP of any colour at that age, whatever Churchill might say about it (that statement is a bit of a self-justification for him anyway).

Though whilst we're mentioning Churchill, it's worth pointing out that he was a Conservative MP at 25 (though had at least seen a fair amount of the world by then!)

aracer
    Free Member

As opposed to 13 years of Labour mis-management, corruption and making cronies richer, mtbfix?

Stoner
    Free Member

mtbfix,
    you might be right, but since a Labour government has also failed to redress inequality (it has actually continued to grow since 1997), I dont think Red vs Blue is the right distinction to make.

http://www.poverty.org.uk/09/index.shtml

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

lovely

mtbfix

Heck, I am not about to defend Labour. Their period in govt has been a profound disappointment to me. I just think that if folk want change then voting tory is probably the last thing you want to be doing.

willard

If i was young again, and wanted a job where I could argue with people for 9 months of the year, draw a large salary that was bigger than just about any other earner in my age group, allow me to claim huge expenses and, much more importantly, allow me to get the hell out of Norwich, I'd want to be an MP.

If you want that, her choice makes sense, but just highlights why she should be barred from being one.

aracer
    Free Member

So how else do you suggest voting for change 😕

BigJohn

kimbers – Member
    27!

its ok she has the haircut and dress sense of a woman twice her age

Oi Kimbers – Mrs BJ is twice her age, and doesn't have such frumpy dress sense or haircut!

El-bent
    Free Member

Think, Callahan-Thatcher 1979, Major-Blair 1997. Weak prime ministers facing strong opposition leaders who themselves became prime ministers.

What have we currently got? A weak prime minister and a weak opposition leader. The fact that the electorate (that means YOU) will vote them in regardless shows how desperate politics has become in this country that, proper alternatives for both of these similar parties don't exist.

What a clusterf*ck this country is going to be in the next decade.

Stoner
    Free Member

cluster**** yes.

But think of it this way: with the absolutely freaking mess Labour have left the public finances in there's virtually bugger all the Tories can do when in power but staunch the blood loss and sit it out until our net debt is back down under 40% of GDP

kimbers

What a clusterf*ck this country is going to be in the next decade.

yeah but old etonians are probably very excited about all their former chums comming into power, peerages and favorable tax breaks agogo!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

kimbers, take a look at the educational background of the current govermnent before you try that tired old line about Old Etonians.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

" In May 2009, Gibson became embroiled in the MPs' expenses scandal serialised in the Daily Telegraph, who reported that he claimed for a flat in which his daughter lived rent-free before selling it to her for half its market value. Subsequently, he was barred from standing in the next general election by a disciplinary panel of the Labour Party.

Believing that after the panel's decision his position was "untenable", he resigned as an MP "

So Ian Gibson is deselected by the Labour Party for dodgy expenses stuff, and the electorate decides to punish the Labour Party for that ?

That sends all the right messages doesn't it ……… we won't vote for a party which disciplines it's dodgy members ! :rolls eyes:

Although personally, I think he was deselected for being a maverick. I'm sure that had he been one of Gordon Brown's mate, he would have survived.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Although personally, I think he was deselected for being a maverick. I'm sure that had he been one of Gordon Brown's mate, he would have survived.

Yep, I'd agree with that. The like of Hoon and Darling were as culpable, yet protected.

PJ266
    Free Member

My sister went to sixth form with her, she seemed nice.

kimbers

Cfh take a look at the tory front bench and assosciated donors and then look at these tired old pictures…….

a thousand words etc

as repulsive as brown and co may be ive yet to see a similar labour photo that evokes the same wretching response in my gullet

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tiresome and predictable, yet again. So what? Several of them received one of the very best educations money can buy. Would you prefer illiterate morons running the country?

The "Toff" argument is a busted flush, come up with something better.

kimbers

Several of them received one of the very best educations money can buy i would say their parents bought them the best qualifications money can buy, not the same thing

my main argument would be that the current nu labour government got us into this position by essentially stealing all of the tories policies voting torries in again will just lead to more of the same

i also believe that taxation needs to increase massively, especially in the higher wage brackets to help combat the inequality stoner mentioned, the torries will not do it coz it will upset their toff friends

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Several of them received one of the very best educations money can buy

Stop trying to pretend you're common like the rest of us by writing appalling english Captain.

You are a toff. And there's no getting away from it.

Toff.

kimbers

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!’ is closed to new replies.