Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Swiftcover – Anyone insured or claimed
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Their quote is £150 lower than everyone else. Anyone used them? Tried claiming?

Only prob is they are online only, and there’s no comeback if you want to say ‘ooh not sure what date that was’

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Used them for a year though never had to claim.

My only problem was that at the time I had to go to the post office to tax the car and they wouldn’t accept a printed off insurance cert. Apparently you can get Swift to send you one, I just went to a different post office where the counter lady’s eyes weren’t so hot

sportsmatch
    Free Member

yes used them for 3 years were dearer this year so moved.I had a claim last year when someone tapped the back of the car, claim was hastle free good coms off them via email and phone

Gary

do your tax online no need for the post office

hp_source

yeah, about 3 years for me too, just re-newed too, their renewal was just above the other meerkat and opera fella’s best efforts so I googled a phone number for them, got £50 loyalty discount to draw it level.

no claims, and no trouble taxing with a printed one either (I do have a laser printer though).

rob
    Free Member

yes used them for years as they dont bump the price up every year

theteaboy
    Free Member

Yes

Some chav ran a Give Way and crashed into my wife. Claim was fairly straightforward as they admitted fault but it was handled fine.

They insisted on using their ‘preferred’ bodyshop though and the repairs weren’t great – a body panel never quite lined up.

We renewed.

stumpy01

I used them & had a fault claim when with them (I clipped a car when pulling out of a side road).
    They handled it well, but when it came to renewal time, I only had 3yrs NCB instead of the 4 I should have had. I started with 6 and lost 2 as a result of the claim, but ended up with 3.

Turns out they only recognise 5years. If you have a fault claim, then you will drop down to 3 years NCB.
    I complained about this and was told basically, “get stuffed, it’s in section X.Y.Z of the T&C’s.”. Annoyingly it was.

So, I would not use them while I have over 5yrs NCB & I always ask prospective insurers what happens if this happens while I am insured with them. I don’t like the fact that they can ‘take away’ a year of NCB just because it’s in their terms & conditions.

With regards to being online – I never found it a problem.
    I had a query at the post office when renewing my tax about whether it was an official one, but I just explained that it was all online and I had to print the certificate out, which they accepted.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Ok, but it all has to be booked online? No direct numbers exist?

northshoreniall

Is direct number, think based in Sunderland when I spoke to them.

Were quite helpful when I was changing cars earlier in year and confirmed both cars covered for 24hrs to allow swapping over.

Sorry bad cut and paste, maybe need to be registered/ punter to access them:

General query 0871 230 9999*
    Policyholder query 0871 230 9999*
    claims discount query 0871 271 4010* ays 10am to 4pm
    General claims query From UK:
    0871 984 3333*
    From abroad:
    0044(0) 1892 500169 Monday – Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to noon, Sunday & Bank Holidays closed
    Finance and payments 0871 271 4011* Monday – Friday 8am to 8pm, Cancellations 0871 230 9999*

zigzag69
    Free Member

They’re underwritten by AXA – 3rd year of using them, crashed car last week!

Logged initial report of crash on website. Got call back 1 hr later to go over details.

So all pretty straightforward so far, although communication not great – there seems to be a disconnect between the repair place (car repair has started and based on parts availability car should be ready by 9th), versus Swiftcover website which stated repair still not authorised and no completion date. I’ve emailed them today to let them know.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i had a nightmare and they swift were great. my ex went into the back of someone while on as a named driver on my fathers policy 🙁 they had just pulled out of parking space and swift fought it tooth and nail -despite not having ‘legal cover’ and won the liability case. id recommend them highly

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I’m covered with them despite being an Iggy Pop fan.

Not had to actually use them so far though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Swiftcover – Anyone insured or claimed’ is closed to new replies.