Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Sweet Jeeebus! That hurt!
  • cookeaa

Riding home last night, almost back, and all of a sudden my Right Calf muscle Pulled/went in to spasm, I’ve strained muscles before but it has never hurt like this did, it honestly felt like I’d just been stabbed in the leg, I had to stop, sit by the road and try to massage it out for five minutes…

It still isn’t right today after an evening of rest and some inexpert kneeding by me to try and improve things, better but there’s still a tender, tight area and I am limping everywhere…

Advice required please:

Physio? Massage? Deepheat? Amputation?

Should I adjust my diet a bit to help the muscle repair itself? If so how? I’m probably a bit light on dairy at the minute…

Jamie
    Free Member

Amputation. Then if that doesn’t work, physio.

Should I adjust my diet a bit to help the muscle repair itself? If so how? I’m probably a bit light on dairy at the minute…

You need to up your intake of bull semen.

…but seriously, would this make a difference? Not the bull semen, but not having enough dairy.

oldnpastit

Isn’t alcohol a muscle relaxant?

adsh
    Free Member

Oily fish (mackeral, herring etc) has been proved to help the aged in muscle repair following training. What works for them might work for you plus you might get brainier 😀

cookeaa

You need to up your intake of bull semen.

Really? I’m not sure I can take much more than I already am…

Oily Fish, Check, I likes a bit of mackrel, I scoffed an extra chicken breast last night and got an early-ish night…

I was simply thinking a bit more dairy for protein/fat I barely have any milk or cheese at the minute, maybe just a glass of semi-skimmed, can’t do much harm right?

And eggs too? I’m thinking I might be a bit low on protein perhaps, I’ve been tweaking my diet lately which could well be a contributing factor…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Sounds like cramp to me

rOcKeTdOg

Oily Fish, Check, I likes a bit of mackrel, I scoffed an extra chicken breast last night and got an early-ish night…

you don’t eat the oily fish you strap it to your affected body part

kayak23

Oily fish (mackeral, herring etc) has been proved to help the aged in muscle repair following training.

Should it be rubbed directly on the affected area?

Edit: Beaten 😀

njee20
    Free Member

Sounds like cramp to me

+1, slightly odd to get it whilst just riding home though, I’ve had it variously in races, and if it’s bad enough it can hurt for weeks afterwards (presumably as you actually do some damage to the muscle).

Drinking appropriately on the ride?

Jamie
    Free Member

Drinking appropriately on the ride?

I refer, Sir, to my earlier comment re: bull semen. It seems the OP was brimful of the stuff. So should have been hydrated.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Hmm initial symptoms of Cat Ebola, can I have your disinfected bike if you don’t make it! 😀

njee20
    Free Member

I refer, Sir, to my earlier comment re: bull semen. It seems the OP was brimful of the stuff. So should have been hydrated.

From my research efforts bull semen is lacking in quinine though, to stave off cramps, and for full effectiveness should be mixed with that of a virile stallion, collected personally.

cookeaa

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Sounds like cramp to me

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Sweet Jeeebus! That hurt!’ is closed to new replies.