Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Sweat
  • Harry_the_Spider

Sorry, too much information probably

Not enough actually.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i'm one of those people who seems to have too much blood in my body, always hot, cant stand being in the sun too long as it just makes me angry, any biting insect can spot me a mile off and heads straight for me… and as a result my body works a million times harder to cool me down when on the bike etc… so…. very sweaty!

but think of it this way… if you're attacked and stabbed, you'll survive for longer. my other half appears to have no blood, always cold, never gets bitten, never gets sweaty… but at least she'll die before me in an accident and i'll have the last laugh!!!

julianwilson
    Free Member

In 'the escape artist' Matt Seaton talks about becoming much sweatier as he went from 'quite fit' to 'really fit'. That's my excuse and I am sticking to it!

clubber
    Free Member

Having been both very fit and currently very unfit, I can categorically state that the amount you sweat has nothing to do with fitness – I always sweat lots (plus I'm almost always hotter than everyone else – eg still happy enough in t-shirts when everyone else is wearing jackets).

Sweat doesn't smell – or at least it doesn't until bacteria start to make it smell which takes a few hours so wash it off before then and you'll be fine.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I did pole dancing once, don't think I sweated that much, was hard work though.

IHN

that would cover too much flesh, you have to be pretty bare in order to stick to the pole.

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS 👿

Hohum
    Free Member

I used to have problems with excessive sweating since my teenage years and it was particularly bad last year when I was going through a bad patch of anxiety and depression 🙁

However, a couple of months ago there was a thread on here about sweating and someone recommended anhydrol forte, which I have tried and it certainly helps with my sweaty armpits.

I think that I tend to "run" on the hot side and I need a lot of air going past me to cool me down. The worst situations are when I have been running or walking fast and then enter an area where there is little breeze and I am unable to loosen my clothing to allow the sweat to evaporate. Thankfully I do not have to wear a suit anymore, but that may well change soon.

molgrips
    Free Member

I sweat plenty when exercising. I almost never need the loo on rides, despite drinking more than my mates.

I guess it's to do with your physiology and metabolism. I know that different metabolic pathways use up fat or glycogen differently and produce different amounts of CO2 and other waste products – so I wonder if they therefore produce different amounts of heat too?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I've always wanted to do a pole class, they run them at the local dance centre here, but i can't fit another sport into 7days of the week.

Re the sweaty question, i've been thinking about this over the summer. I'm now pretty fit as a result of road riding and running, and i sweat a lot more now than when i thought i was fit.

In my early 20s (before i took up mtb'ing) i was a gym bunny, and thought an hours cardio plus weights meant i was fit. I didn't sweat a bit on the treadmill in the gym, etc. When i started riding, i realised i wasn't outdoors fit, or very fit at all! Over the years, I've been training harder, and I sweat a lot more. An hours run can leave me soaked from sweat – especially in the summer – and during a 45min spinning class, the sweat will run down my arms because I'm working hard. There's other women in the class who are totally dry during and after the class. I think its to do with how fit you are – the fitter you are, the more efficient your body is and the more you sweat to cool your core down. Or at least, that seems to be my experience of it anyway.

Either that or at age 30, I'm starting the menopause!

If you are stressed/anxious, that can also make you sweat more. Plus, during the time of the month, our core temp is hotter than at other times of the month, so you'll probably sweat more then.

I think a lot of women just don't work very hard at sport, and therefore don't sweat.

clubber
    Free Member

DGOAB – that just sounds like you didn't realise what training hard was previously…

molgrips
    Free Member

If you work harder, you make more heat, so you need to sweat more. The fitter you are, the harder you'll work, so more sweat – no?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

When I was really fit (2 years ago now) and cycling or spinning nearly every day, the amount of sweat I'd produce, especially in the spinning classes, could be embarrassing!

[edit] I understand Botox can be used to reduce sweating, unsure of the science behind it though!

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I imagine this is the key

necessarily what you would call gym bunnies, some of them are quite unfit, either quite large or just not interested in cardio exercise and they do not get the same problem

I imagine they just arent working as hard as you and also might have less muscle mass so wont be able to generate the same amount of heat as you.

emma82
    Free Member

Botox! Not got wrinkles yet? How does that work? Perhaps I should just accept that I am awesomely fit and work much harder than the others in class. DGOAB you should deffo give it a go, makes you much less tired riding I've found, good for core strength and balance. thanks all
    Yours
    Sweaty Betty 🙂

Since you will not provide photo's or video content, allow me to fill in the blanks.

It's not all glamour.

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh1l_0VtBvg&feature=related

No doubt the pole you use is vital to the overall performance?

emma82
    Free Member

well if you insist – paste the link in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-TS6a2tr8A&feature=related

I can never get links to work properly but this dude is my hero

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Sweat’ is closed to new replies.