Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Suspicious minds……
  • wrecker
    Free Member

The family believe that a third party was involved in Mr Williams’s death.

Really?
    Chaps body was found in a sports bag which had been locked from the outside.
    I understand this young man to be fairly intelligent (working for GCHQ/MI6 and all) where did he get it from? Was he adopted?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9222129/Body-in-bag-spy-Gareth-Williams-hated-London-and-wanted-to-leave-MI6.html

donsimon
    Free Member

Chaps body was found in a sports bag which had been locked from the outside.

I don’t think there is any physical proof to demonstrate that there was a third party there. It’s the way the law works.

wrecker
    Free Member

I don’t think there is any physical proof to demonstrate that there was a third party there. It’s the way the law works.

Fair enough, but what if they don’t find any evidence that another spy anyone else was there?
    Despite the fact that he couldn’t have locked the bag himself, could they still record suicide?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    allthepies
    Free Member

If the question of how he ended up in a locked bag with no means of locking it from the inside can’t be answered then I would imagine that a suspicious death* outcome would have to be recorded.

* or whatever the legal parlance is.

Dobbo

It’s suicide by proxy.

DezB
    Free Member

“Body in a Bag Spy”

Is it wrong to find that amusing?

donsimon
    Free Member

I guess that if they can’t prove anything for sure, it will remain open or misadventure or whatever.
    It’ll be interesting to see how this pans out.
    No-one had access to his flat.
    Found inside a bag, locked from the outside.
    From memory, I don’t think the body had any signs of foul play.
    (I think it’s a good one for the STW experts, someone will be along shortly claiming they know what’s happened).

wrecker
    Free Member

I don’t think the body had any signs of foul play.

Apart from being in a locked North Face holdall, obviously. 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

Not sure being locked in a holdall will kill someone.
    Not sure that it was foulplay, especially as he might have done it himself.

wrecker
    Free Member

Incidentally, those bags were once described to me as “bombproof” by a sales assistant in Exmouth. I wonder if he had met this sales extraordinaire and decided to test the strength of a bag by getting his friend to lock him in one? *cue Jackass music*
    Maybe his friend then got caught up in a good film and forgot about him for a few months?

That’s the best explanation I can come up with outside of the obvious.
    Remember the holdall was locked from the outside could someone climb in a bag and just lie there until they die? I reckon he’d get peckish

DezB
    Free Member

Not sure being locked in a holdall will kill someone

Depends how long you’re in there for..

donsimon
    Free Member

Maybe you’re on to something there.
    Telephone the dude and tell him there’s a bomb in his flat.
    Suggest that the only way to save himself is to climb into, and lock himself inside his new “bombproof” bag.
    Dispose of PAYG mobile phone.
    Next?

khani
    Free Member

On the news yesterday it said in the flat they found a blonde wig, 200 items of women’s clothing, no trace of anybody else being in the flat at all, and him (mi6 agent) in a bag, padlocked from the outside with blood seeping out of it..
    Nothing suspicious there then….. 😯 it happens all the time…

coffeeking
    Free Member

To be fair, I reckon I could lock a bag from the inside if I’d prepared it well enough in the first place. We used to do stuff like this as kids all the time, it just takes nimble fingers and a bag that’s made of fabric that’s not too stiff.

But there are more likely answers!

wrecker
    Free Member

Maybe you’re on to something there.
    Telephone the dude and tell him there’s a bomb in his flat.
    Suggest that the only way to save himself is to climb into, and lock himself inside his new “bombproof” bag.
    Dispose of PAYG mobile phone.
    Next?

Oh god no. You need to tell somebody about this NOW!
    That flipping Blacks Leisure salesman has got a lot to answer for.

brant
    Free Member

On the news yesterday it said in the flat they found a blonde wig, 200 items of women’s clothing, no trace of anybody else being in the flat at all, and him (mi6 agent) in a bag, padlocked from the outside with blood seeping out of it..
    Nothing suspicious there then….. it happens all the time…

To be fair, at least half of that was found in my uncles flat after he died, and we had no idea.

samuri
    Free Member

To be fair, I reckon I could lock a bag from the inside if I’d prepared it well enough in the first place. We used to do stuff like this as kids all the time, it just takes nimble fingers and a bag that’s made of fabric that’s not too stiff.

I’ve managed to lock myself in a sleeping bag using this method before.

I didn’t die in there although I did end up weeing myself.

khani
    Free Member

Brant 😯 😆

donsimon
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17922388

The family believe that a third party was involved in Mr Williams’s death.

Apparently not… 🙁
    Probably not a good result for a family looking for closure.

richc
    Free Member

Not sure being locked in a holdall will kill someone.

According to experts you would suffocate in 3 minutes

To be fair, I reckon I could lock a bag from the inside if I’d prepared it well enough in the first place.

According to the experts you would need to be better than Harry Houdini to lock yourself in that bag.

I guess this should be a put your money where your mouth is moment, so I bet you £50 you can’t do it with that exact model bag, when in a bathtub and put the keys under your body.

Want to take the bet?

batfink
    Free Member

One of the most interesting facts I heard about this case (and there were many) was that even though yer-man was able to contort himself into said bag whist it was in the bathtub and then lock it, he managed to do so without touching the tiled-wall around his bathtub! They didn’t find any fingerprints (none at all) on the bathroom tiles around the tub.

Of course, a secret-agent type would probably think to wipe the surface down…..

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I have three points, not necessarily related, that I’d like to make:

1. Just because everyone else in the world can’t do feat A, doesn’t mean that one person can’t.

2. For obvious reasons, national security comes before justice in the the case of one person’s death.

3. It has been known for people committing suicide to do so in bizarre ways (young NZ pilot and UFOs anyone?), maybe to spare their families from the pain, or maybe just for the kick of keeping everyone guessing.

Mike_D
    Free Member

Surely if it was some sort of black-ops assassination it would have been done in such a way as to not raise lots of questions, a 21 month police enquiry and high-profile inquest? Not exactly covert, is it?

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Let’s see….Secret Service, suspicious death but no evidence and you’re expecting “closure”? Er, could you just look this way….?

Harry_the_Spider

So the UJ in my shed was named afer an MI6 officer? Cool. 8)

Now I know why there are 3 locks on it.

Harry_the_Spider

Surely if it was some sort of black-ops assassination it would have been done in such a way as to not raise lots of questions, a 21 month police enquiry and high-profile inquest? Not exactly covert, is it?

Maybe they are sending a message… Mess with us and you’ll end up locked in a bag and we’ll fill your cupboards full of dresses and size 9 high heel shoes.

If he had just disappeared nobody would give a toss. With this they are dragging his friends and family into it.

Can I take my tin foil hat off? It is interfering with “the signals”.

allthepies
    Free Member

In STW “grass needs cutting, patio could do with a wash” styleeee, did anyone else notice the state of the bathroom in the police computer simulation vid ? Looked like he’d been conducting a dirty protest for a month or so.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Suspicious minds……’ is closed to new replies.