Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Surrey bikers – I.D. help needed…
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

I've identified this as being on Hackhurst Downs to the west of the Dogkennel Green crossroads, not Ranmore as stated on the video.

Does anybody recognise it? Has it got a name? I'm going to give it a bash tomorrow… (Probably a bit slower than this guy, though).

HTTP404
    Free Member

Well he describes it as "RANMORE IN SURREY AT 40 MPH" and "FOOTPATH AT RANMORE ON MY CANNONDALE JUDGE"

I see that as two vital ingredients for a recipe of disaster waiting to happen. He's a nob end.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

40mph my arse.

Windnoise and headcam makes it look faster than it is. He still bins it at 1.23 too.

Love the comments at the bottom. So youtube.

allthepies
    Free Member

Well as all the rights of way from Hackhurst Downs through to the railway (where they end up) are either bridleways or byways (and there is a sign you can see in the vid about cyclists dismounting at the railway line) then I don't think it's a FP. Still a nob descending at that speed though 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

If that was 40mph the crash would be a bit more spectacular…..

…and painful.

njee20
    Free Member

I doubt that's 20mph frankly, looks like a very dull trail too!

oxnop
    Free Member

Boring as foook trail – some of the roads to get you to a descent in Hebden look more fun than that 8)

devs
    Free Member

Twisty shifter full face straight lane tastic! Loved the future spouse comment.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Going fast is bad? When did that happen? I thought that's what made an otherwise fairly ordinary-looking trail interesting.

theginjaninja
    Free Member

Looks rubbish. It's a double track lane. Hardly calls for full face and full suss.

What a tool.

theginjaninja
    Free Member

Mind you it's much better keeping him off the decent trails round there.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Hello? Can anyone hear me?

cynic-al
    Free Member

What a tool LOL

Wookster

now I'll be honest most of my riding is singletrack twisty stuff little jumps and drops 3ft max!! therefore I fail to get the g of Gnarl (note is a small g) so is may be classed as simply narl….now that was a jeep track with no technical features except a bit of speed….doubt it gets the G or N making it ral maybe?? now put in that "The frame offers 220mm (8.6in) of rear wheel travel" and I am either massively under biked and have the skill of Mr Peat crossed with andrew shandro… and should give up my day job and move the wife and kids to the world cup Dh rounds where I will rule for many years or that guy needs to find an actual trail! 😆

hora
    Free Member

Why would you want to ride a wide lane?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

It's a different way out to Holmbury. It looks fast. Although that's a bit of a no-no these days. Apparently…

hora
    Free Member

You have such sweet singletrack round there. Utterly stunning. Yet you want to ride a loose open lane? 😯

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Everybody seems a bit deaf today. Perhaps I should shout.

shortcut

I do recognise it! Bridleway or possibly byway off Hackhurst down towards Gomshall. He was riding slowly too!

Hicksy
    Free Member

It looks to me like a bridleway that drops down off the North Downs Way – don't know any names of trails (or places!) but if heading from Newlands Corner towards White Down on the NDW, you go up longish drag up the sort of surfaced "easy access route" until you get to the top of the hill, you the go round the big metal gate and turn off on the first right up a rooty trail. This weaves round a bit then after 200-300m comes to a T junction – if you turn left (then right) you end up at White Down – turn right and you are (I think) on that trail – I turn left at 1.02 mins (still bridleway) which takes you down to Abinger roughs. Be careful though as there are often walkers. Hope this helps.

Edric64
    Free Member

Looks ok what's the problem? It's not dull and you could meet traffic antwhere

Ewan
    Free Member

That looks sh1t. Can I have the 2:10 of my life back please?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Thanks, Hicksy. My normal preference is the singletrack DH further back East from the pillbox, but this might be an alternative out to Leith or Holmbury. I'll give it a go.

grantway
    Free Member

What a load of crap How the hell can they say its 40mph
    On the video clip the guy does not have a Speedo on hes bars.
    Think hes arss must have done 40mph
    Also ridden round there, theres not even a long enough descent
    to reach 30mph.

souldrummer
    Free Member

I am pretty sure I rode that today. I felt over biked on my DB Alpine so it must have felt very dull on what he had. Will try it again on my Soul when I get my forks back!!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Surrey bikers – I.D. help needed…’ is closed to new replies.