Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Surly 1×1
  • shermer75
    Free Member

How does it ride? I’m actually interested in the Surly Troll, which has the same geometry, but no-one has seem to have ridden that one yet…

epicyclo

Good middle of the road handling. Forgiving but not a barge. Ideal if you’re doing long rides.

A good frame to buy and keep longterm even though you may try other stuff.

shermer75
    Free Member

I’m worried about the sizing. I’m 6’4″ and looking at the 20″…

tommid
    Free Member

Shermer, I replied on the Troll thread with my thoughts. Love it. I have a 20″ I’m 6’3.
    Not a light bike, but a bike to have confidence in. Bombproof and begging to be thrashed week in week out..

You are welcome to give it a try if you are local? Thetford or up in Cumbria in May.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

They’re great bikes. Can’t see myself ever getting rid of mine (in fact the only thing I’d swap it out for would probably be the Troll).

Will pretty much take any punishment you like. Sharp handling, comfy ride. People go on about the weight, but can’t say I’ve ever noticed it – in fact mine in it’s current build is the lightest bike I own – obviously all my other bikes are chuffers!

I’m 6’1″ and have a 20″ frame- would easily fit someone a bit taller I reckon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Surly 1×1’ is closed to new replies.