Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Surfs Up ! … or is that down
  • SprocketJockey
    Free Member

It was rubbish this morning.

That really makes me feel sooo much better.

Bear in mind that I'm at the stage when I'm getting a thousand yard stare at the local duckpond…

Crell
    Free Member

Spent last week sponging at Porthtowan, Portreath, Watergate and Perranporth. Thursday at Perranporth was mad. 5 ft @10ish secs with an offshore wind and a mad cross shore rip. At one point about 30 people got sucked out in to the break and beyond. A busy day for the RNLI there.

I'm about as landlocked as you can get and this was my second week boarding this summer. I'm addicted but it can only ever be an occasional thing unless I move. I suppose it's a bit bad when you steal the wife's phone to check the surf report on MSW as soon as you wake up then keep refreshing 'till the eyeball reports get posted up. I think I'll get one more weekend in before the end of Sep and get some fins as well.

Maybe a STW surf and sponge meet is in order!

edit… Just as I hit "post" The Drums "lets go surfing" starts on the TV. I'll take that as a direct instruction to go again 🙂

Creg

Can you all please stop talking about surfing…. I haven't been in the water since June and ITS DOING MY HEAD IN!!!!

If it makes you feel any better I havnt been in in almost a year and won't be getting in any time soon due to a knackered knee.

Best I can manage is getting in the bath.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Want me to rub it in a bit more? I'm going to look at a house with a Sea-view on Saturday. Still, the local mountain biking here is rubbish.

martinxyz
    Free Member

how can you knacker a knee sponging? ;O)

or dick dragging for that matter..

dont worry,i am not Squirl from MSW! honest.<evil laugh>

user-removed
    Free Member

Creg – as a NE surfer, do you know Tony Pringle or Matt Donaldson?

Creg

or dick dragging for that matter..

If my dick dragged when snowboarding I'd be a very happy man indeed 😯

dont worry,i am not Squirl from MSW! honest.<evil laugh>

Could have been worse…could have been Chinsack 😈

Creg – as a NE surfer, do you know Tony Pringle or Matt Donaldson?

Nope. I only know a few of the NE surfers.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I've never been interested in surfin really, but some of these pics, and talk are/is infectious.
    I'm also moving to 10 miles from Croyde in 6 weeks.
    Methinks I may have to give it a go…

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Croyde isn't the best place for beginners.

jam-bo

but saunton/puts/woolacombe are all fine.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

've never been interested in surfin really, but some of these pics, and talk are/is infectious.
    I'm also moving to 10 miles from Croyde in 6 weeks.
    Methinks I may have to give it a go…

Careful…. it could change everything

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Doubt it, never been a big fan of actually being in the water, looking at getting a Pugsley lol, a cyclist through and through.

scuttler

My personal favourite is the opening scene of Billabong Odyssey which you can see here – http://noolmusic.com/spike_videos/billabong_odyssey_-_opening_big-wave_scene_mike_parsons_70ft_wave.php. Just be sure to maximise the player.

And there's Laird Hamilton on the wave the original poster's pic is of (from the film Riding Giants) – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcaZarxilJQ

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Surfs Up ! … or is that down’ is closed to new replies.