Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Surface to Air (Vid)
  • soobalias
    Free Member

Clicky PinkBike Vid

New trail at Aston hill opened today, vid is a commentary run by two of the big names in its development

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Any one ridden it yet? How does it compare to the other tracks?

Planning on going next weekend so hopefully check it out then 🙂

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Video looks amazing.. Track looks above my pay grade

M1llh0use
    Free Member

+1 in “above paygrade”!!!

wisepranker
    Free Member

Looks good 😀

_tom_
    Free Member

Looks awesome, we need more tracks like this. Looks like I’ll have to make a trip back down there at some point if it ever dries up.

vinnyeh

Where’s the gloop? 🙂

Track looks good, and a bit of a change for the site. Not been for a long time, will have to have a look before winter sets in. Hopefully it’s a good build, wont fall to bits under usage.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Looks great, a friend of mine won the competition to name the track and was the first ‘civilian’ to ride it. He said it was great fun, but as it is such a fast track it is over very quickly, I will give it a go this weekend.

jools182
    Free Member

Looks good fun

way above my skill level though

Trimix
    Free Member

Mmmm, looks like it will work in the wet, unlike the rest of Aston, which is very chalky and rooty.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Looks fun, shame its so bloomin far 🙁

prezet
    Free Member

Can’t wait to have a rag around that… I’d imagine they’d have chicken lines around most of the bigger parts though. The drops look fun.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Really looking forward to riding it – have seen it evolve over the last 6 months or so and have to say that the volunteers have done an amazing job as it must have been a very awkward place to work.

A few bits look a bit too gnarr for me but that said, I did find the black run there a little intimidating first time I went and now fly down it and love the drop off at the end.

iridebikes
    Free Member

I ride it yesterday, it was a lot of fun, everything is rollable or has an alternative that is. It should also hold up fine in the wet.

Trimix
    Free Member

Thats good to hear. It was the chalky rooty wetness that always put me of Aston as a place to improve my DH skills (or lack of)

_tom_
    Free Member

There’s a video on pb with the builders talking about it, looks like they’ve given it an all weather surface 😀 will have to get down there asap.

soobalias
    Free Member
    starsh78
    Free Member

I’m down there sunday! woo!

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Looks great, hope Rowan and the Gethin crew are making notes

jam-bo

that looks fun but its going to take some work to keep those berms in good shape.

makkag
    Free Member

going tomorrow – im going to injure myself !

theendisnigh
    Free Member

going Sunday – im also going to injure myself!

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Should be there tomorrow too with a small group, forecast looks ok; happy days!

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Wow. Ok. So surface to air is a pretty sweet track! It was super busy today and every one i chatted to seemed to be sessioning it so so obviously others agree.

It’s steep, but apart from the drops which you need to commit to its all rideable on smaller bikes. (props to my friend riding it today on his carbon, hardtail 29er)

Definately be back 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

holy shitting bugger that looks amazing

brakes
    Free Member

that looks really good.
    I like Aston, even when it’s slippy as hell, but it was always lacking a jumpy trail. they should stick a few roots back in though.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

It’s super smooth at the moment, but I’m guessing it’ll get cut up over time making it more ‘gnarr’

Northwind

Is there an uplift at Aston? Looks like an ace track but uses its altitude quite fast…

Duane…
    Free Member

Definitely be wanting a DH bike for those hucks.

dans160
    Free Member

Rode it yesterday. It’s very good and very, very steep. Not convinced about about the kitty litter surface though, it sapped alot of speed in places. All doable on a 100mm hardtail as demonstrated by a few people I saw there.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

No uplift that I know of, it’s a fair walk back up too- but all part of the fun IMO.

Agreed about not needing a dh bike for it, it’s pretty smooth at the moment- just the steepness of it might make it difficult on something with a steep ha.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Push ups not too bad. I’ve comfortably put 14 runs in during a day without being utterly wrecked at the end.

New run looks great, a tiny bit of Whistler on my doorstep.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Surface to Air (Vid)’ is closed to new replies.