Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Surely 10 days is long enough to get a decision on a warranty claim?
  • thered

How long does it take to look at a frame, have a chat with a colleague about it and make a yes/no decision?

Paceman
    Free Member

Jungle made a decision in 20 mins on my Santa Cruz frame, and that was just from a couple of photos of a tiny hairline crack. Fantastic warranty service.

jam-bo

Depends how many other warranty claims there are…

wwaswas

ime, a companies response time on warranty claims is inversely proportional to the profit margin on the product…

fathomer

My SLX mech has been back at the retailer for nearly 4 weeks for a snapped clutch, heard nothing yet!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

E13 take around 11 weeks.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Back in the 90s Marin were useless to say the least.Only frames that have ever gone on me.Plus there own branded stuff at the time was rubbish.Had attack trail in 2001 frame ok parts fell apart in no time.Never touch a Marin since.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Shimano/Madison – ages, 5 weeks i think, even for XTR M985 pedals, which are a known issue

Powertap/Paligap – ages, for a known issue,

fudge9202
    Free Member

Depends on the company , Transition fobbed me off when paint came off my bandit after a few washes,they said it didn’t affect the performance of the bike.

scruff
    Free Member

thered – Member
    How long does it take to look at a frame, have a chat with a colleague about it and make a yes/no decision?

POSTED 4 DAYS AGO # REPORT-POST
    Paceman – Member
    Jungle made a decision in 20 mins on my Santa Cruz frame, and that was just from a couple of photos of a tiny hairline crack. Fantastic warranty service.

😛

Shred
    Free Member

Jungle were great on my Santa Cruz Tall Boy warranty issues. 1st was a hairline crack in the rear swing arm, second was the 1st Gen problem with the pivot bolts.
    Both replaced on the strength of photos, and a photo to show that the old frame was destroyed.

BigJohn

They made the decision straight away, Mike. It’s taken them this long so they can keep a straight face while they tell you.

bails

Shimano/Madison – ages

I was quite impressed with them tbh. I sent my SLX mech with a broken clutch back to Merlin. Merlin told Madison it was broken. Madison didn’t have any SLXes available so sent me (via Merlin) an XT instead. Took less than 2 weeks IIRC.

Edit: That’s less than two weeks between me putting the brokenmech in the post and receiving a replacement, including the shipping between Madison and Merlin, and the waiting for SLX to come back into stock.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Kona were rubbish, refused to inspect the frame

c_klein87

4.5months and counting with Fli Distribution, terrible service

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Surely 10 days is long enough to get a decision on a warranty claim?’ is closed to new replies.