Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • what saddle pack with dropper post please?
  • pictonroad

In a continuing effort to shake off this this bad back I want to ditch the rucksack.

Anyone experience of a medium sized saddle bag that will take tube, phone, sweets etc but also not foul the workings on a dropper?

Sorry if its been done.

James

richardthird

Anything where you can cut the seatpost strap off really. Will be quite small though – I use the mega cheap Oreo clip one from On One, a mate uses an Ortlieb one. Takes tube and tools and gas, phone etc might be a challenge, keep mine in jersey pocket

munrobiker
    Free Member

Lezyne do a range that just clips to the saddle rails which should do, Ortlieb and Altura do similar things.

Gotama
    Free Member

Shand Cycles posted on instagram a month or so back a nice tool roll which just straps up onto the seat rails. Made by a small UK based company from memory. Will have a look but failing that dig around on the shand instagram feed or drop them a mail.

edit: http://www.weecog.co.uk

Double edit: just seen they have seatpost straps on them

joelowden

Have you tried Yoga? The Abi Carver video on you tube has done wonders for my back . Give it a go if you haven’t tried it .’ Yoga for lower back pain in bikers’

SirHC

Another option: http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/deuter-hip-belt-1-p306128

Can get tube, multitool, CO2, tyre levers, phone and space for some snacks.

BigDummy
    Free Member

This sounds faintly crazy, but bear with me…

I know I was looking just last week at a picture of a Surly ECR or Krampus that had a dropper and a really substantial saddle-bag fitted. What the guy had done was to attach a second, short post to the saddle rails. It must have been in about the right place to attach the saddle-bag to, but short enough that it did not hit anything below it when the dropper was fully compressed (I have no idea how long his drop was, it seems pretty likely he had an enduro collar on there or something.)

I can’t find the picture, which annoys me. I’ll keep looking…

BigDummy
    Free Member

Bingo!

Not sure if this is the same guy, but similar set-up:

More pictures here.

Gary_M
    Free Member

The wee cog one looks exactly the same as the Inside Line Seat Bag, but the inside line one doesn’t have the seatpost strap.

Inside line one available from always riding

Arundel also do one with straps round the saddle rails only.

jimoiseau
    Free Member

This may be the same routine referred to above, its quite tough to get through the whole thing but having done it once and ridden last night it has definitely helped and I’ll be doing the routine again.

The other thing to consider if you really want to lose the bag is a kit tub that fits in a bottle cage, which will usually fit a bit more in than a saddle bag small enough for a dropper.

mtbel
    Free Member

Bingo!

it’s as if Surly individually screen each and every customer for mental health issues before they’ll sell to them.

BigDummy
    Free Member

it’s as if Surly individually screen each and every customer for mental health issues before they’ll sell to them.

If you have formulated that theory without looking at the blog I linked, you will find further ample confirmation in the many pictures of bandanas, sheep skulls, hunting knives and hand-carved spoons that adorn that chap’s bike.

It is magnificent/quirky/evidence of mental illness depending on preference, but it’s certainly individual. And he certainly goes on more epic rides than I do…

🙂

mtbel
    Free Member

Oh.. don’t get me wrong. Everything about the guy seems well and truely EPIC 😀

pictonroad

Cheers guys, that surly solution is brilliant, and I just happen to have about 11 useless seat posts in my shed too.

rOcKeTdOg

What frame is it? I have small frame bags for my FS, HT & fatty just for tube, tool & small jacket. No back pack, no pockets stuffed with stuff. Riding free of all that is joyous & you don’t notice in on the bike

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

If you’re gonna go with the Surly solution, then it might be worth fitting one of these dual stem/bar bag setups aswell, just to act as a counter balance.

If you’ve enough space in the seat pack for tubes/phones/sweets etc. then you’ll have to have to think of something else you might need to put in the bar bag. I can suggest a Swiss Army knife and scotch eggs.

pictonroad

Very good David T. I’m ALL over that.

Just had a go at that pink bike yoga link. Hard but quite enjoyable, flatulence as an added extra, is this normal?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘what saddle pack with dropper post please?’ is closed to new replies.