• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by sv.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Superstar kevlar pads – $h1te in the wet?
  • dexterbexley
    Free Member

I bedded them in properly and was pleased that on a first decent ride they were ace (on Avid Code 5s).

Just back from a very wet ride in Brighton and they squealed like a banshee the whole time and basically didn't work – did I do something wrong?

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

*ducks for cover*

jam-bo

you jumped the octopus…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

someone say octopus?

Why don't you e mail SSC to see what he says? I bet he blames you

fingerbike
    Free Member

dropoff

Oh no not again 😀

atlaz
    Free Member

I wonder if Tomdb can do an automatic octopus image post and thread close whenever SSC appears in the title? Would save some time.

juan
    Free Member

crap that is a big octopussy
    I had an octopussy sald on sunday and christ I had way less of the stuff than that, but it took me the whole day to digest it…

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Oh cocks, I did a proper search of the forum and everything…

Worst. Search. Ever.

BeveledEdge
    Free Member

Superstar pads just $h1te??

Spud

I bought some of these and ran them for the first time in the Lakes last weekend in very wet conditions and although they squealed (liek everyone's did) they performed well!

Just for balance like… 🙂

sv

My SSC Kevlar ones would also appear to be lacking power. Had bedded them in and had a few biggish downhills the last of which the front brakes started making strange noises when applied. They have since lacked any sort of power, back to the sintered ones that I find very good.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Superstar kevlar pads – $h1te in the wet?’ is closed to new replies.