Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Superstar Floating Rotors?
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

Right I’m thinking of swapping my brakes to the new hope tech 3’s and wondering about rotors. Seeing as the hope floating jobs are £36 each compared to £13.50 superstar. Is it a worthwhile similar factory compromise like their pedals or are they similar to superstar wheels for quality? Does anybody know of any other cheaper alternatives or is it just hope floating full stop!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Don’t bother with floating rotors?

180mm Shimano RT76’s can be had for £20.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have got four pairs of them from 160 to 203, no problems with any of them apart from a tiny bit of Shimano caliper shing shing with one of the 180s easily remedied with a few strokes of a flat file.

In fact despite all the haterz they’ve been amazingly good no rattles or dodgy anodising or warping they’ve been fit and forget. In terms of weight they are within a few grammes of same-size RT76s. As with most Superstar kit they are made to a cost (think Deore) and if I was lucky enough to have some Tech 3s I don’t think I’d besmirch them with such workmanlike rotors but hey if you want to save a few quid and you spend more time riding than you do looking at your rotors then go for it.

erny
    Free Member

Same as rocketman with the tiny bit of shing shing on my XT brakes but a couple of strokes with the file and they where fine, couple of mates are running them aswell with no problems.

davidxbrown
    Free Member

I have the latest Alpine rotors so not the bargain price of £12 or £13.50 anyway the Alpine offering is lighter size for size compared to a full steel Hope which they replaced, but watch out for clearence if your using X-fusion Slant fork, it does clear but only just…

Just checked the superstar site it’s a great deal if you want pink 🙂

GolfChick
    Free Member

Ah fair point I didn’t look at the colours still available and for price of others I’ll just get hope. Good to know for future reference though cheers!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Superstar Floating Rotors?’ is closed to new replies.