Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sunny Cycling – Cheer up a Miserable Weekend
  • AngusWells

I understand the weather is a bit punk at home this weekend. Now, I don’t want to appear too smug but here in Jordan it’s been glorious. The stifling heat of summer has not yet arrived so on Thursday we took the opportunity to spend a night camping with the bedouin and then yesterday we rode through the Wadi Rum desert. If you have seen Peter O’Toole in Lawrence of Arabia you may recognise it. A bit of pushing in the deeper sand but a lot of ridable stuff too.

So, dig out some pictures of your sunny rides to cheer yourself and everyone else up.

[img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-y0zxCHeKVHA/T5wZ1-ORpwI/AAAAAAAADJ8/Y_yUUiS-Jyw/s1337/P1000592.jpg[/img]

josemctavish
    Free Member

Here’s one, but I’d like to see more of yours please – looks amazing!

AngusWells

Jose

Here you go, or ‘tfadel’ as the locals say…..

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Feel free to post as many as you like.Very cheerfull.Is it one of those organized tours or are you going freestyle?

AngusWells

It’s all freestyle, but we have a small expat mountain bike group going here in Jordan and some have a few years under their belts building up local knowledge. There is plenty of diversity with wooded hils in the North of the country and desert to the south. And the descent to the Dead Sea of course. No maps to speak of but Google Earth and the Bedouin are your friends for route planning. Garmin for route execution.

matt_outandabout

Meh, it has been sunny here. Spent some of yesterday in 2″ of snow, then dry night, and amazing sunny morning and sunny day all day. 8)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sunny Cycling – Cheer up a Miserable Weekend’ is closed to new replies.