Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • sunday sirloin steak
  • bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

How do you cook your steak? Its fresh bin out left to room temp, now any ides for rubs, high heat ? Olive oil or veg oil? Season first or after? I like med rare, any ideas/tips wi be served on a barm ohhh yes

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Well ? Was it nice, how did you do it in the end.
    I normally, allow to get to room temp, rub with olive oil, a sprinkle of sea salt and fresh black pepper.
    Set oven to max heat
    Get your pan nice and hot and place the meat on when hot enough, sear both sides for two minutes each.
    Place pan c/w steak in hot oven for two minutes, remove check for rareness, or how you like it.
    Before sitting down to eat turn off the oven
    Enjoy !!

Taff
    Free Member

Oven dish put in olive oil, rosemary, crushed garlic put in steak and seasoning – both sides. . Leave marinade while cooking rest of stuff. Dry frying pan until smoking and slap it on. Have mine rare so a bit of colour on both sides then 4-5mins testing.

yossarian
    Free Member

Make sure cut is even thickness
    Always room temp
    Rub olive oil both sides and season to taste depending on cut/preference.
    Leave for an hour max
    Heat griddle or pan to thermonuclear levels
    1 minute each side to sear and seal. DON’T PUSH IT ABOUT IN THE PAN, just leave it alone
    Then 2 minutes either side per inch of steak thickness for a medium finish. Adjust accordingly.
    Leave to rest for a good 10 mins after cooking. Wrap with foil to keep warm

theotherjonv

Smoking hot pan, oil in pan.

Steak in. 20s, then flip. 20s, flip again. Repeat until done to your liking.

Rest.

Rest a bit more.

Eat. Nom nom nom.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/how-to-cook-like-heston/articles/hestons-top-10-tips-for-beef

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Room temp rubbed with olive oil, salt, pepper and dry garlic with chilli flakes, smokin hot pan, 3mins each side untouched, some caramalised onions, wholegrain mustard on a very large oven bottom muffin, im going to try the oven method above with a griddle pan as ive allways wanted one, im lucky as i can get top notch sirloins for peanuts (family member works in a butchers) tis was delicious some good ideas for next time, but all along the same lines which is nice, muchas guys nom nom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘sunday sirloin steak’ is closed to new replies.