Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Sun cream choice.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

After Kit's concerns on the lycra line thread, I thought it would be a good idea to put forward your choice of suncream.

For me.

Not only does it help with bronzing, but with the correct aftersun care will also moisturize the skin, keeping it young and healthy.

MoreCashThanDash

Having spent a very nervy 2 weeks waiting for an emergency appointment with the skin cancer doc just before Xmas, I'm now on at least Factor 30 for the rest of my natural, with a view to prolonging it!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cyclax.

Works brilliantly, IMO. Never found anything better for sailing/snow/hot etc.

donsimon
    Free Member

swadey – Member

Having spent a very nervy 2 weeks waiting for an emergency appointment with the skin cancer doc just before Xmas, I'm now on at least Factor 30 for the rest of my natural, with a view to prolonging it!

I hope everything's OK.

jam-bo

P20. Only thing that works for me and I get burnt really easily.

oldgit
    Free Member

Hawaiian Tropic oil, can't recall the factor.
    TBH I love the smell and it slightly colours freshly shaven legs as well as mixing with other products.
    I found I blistered under some heavy creams whilst training

coffeeking
    Free Member

None unless the sun is roasting and I'm white as a sheet. The sun does my skin wonders, contrary to popular belief lol.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Reiman's P20

glenncampbell

+1 for Reimans P20 – I burn through factor 60 and P20 does the job for at least 5 hours. Comfortable to wear, easy to apply but don't wear white next to it – it will stain. Excellent stuff.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I think any suncream will stain white stuff, but then who'd wear white mountain biking anyway?

I got some Hawaiian Tropic stuff on a holiday to the states a few years ago, a "lifeguard" version described as all day waterproof. Superb stuff, great for riding put it on in the morning and it won't sweat/wash away.

I'm now a factor 30 type bod, complicated because I've just had radiotherapy to my head, which means I really need to limit sun exposure (for the rest of my naturals) to that area. Practically that means no bare-headedness rather than sun cream though!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah it does stain white stuff.

But. It's VERY good. Have been in Oz since last July and used P20 all through summer here. 40c in the shade, and 50+ in direct sun. Wore p20 while out on the bike, swimming in the sea, and just pootling about. Didn't get burnt once. It's a little pricey, but hey, some things you don't really want to get the cheapest.

I bought a little UV monitor and even on the not-so-warm, not-so-sunny days UV levels can be really high here. Slip slop slap.

BTW one of the most common skin cancers here appear on ears – worth remembering when you're covering up.

MoreCashThanDash

don simon – thanks for the thought – was given the all clear, but due to dig out the repugnant "medical photgraphs" so I can see if anything has changed – which I will have to do every 2-3 months from now till doomsday!

donsimon
    Free Member

swadey – Member

don simon – thanks for the thought – was given the all clear, but due to dig out the repugnant "medical photgraphs" so I can see if anything has changed – which I will have to do every 2-3 months from now till doomsday!

Good stuff.

househusband

Another vote for P20. As someone with a #2 all over I like being able to just apply it to my scalp besides face, arms and legs.

vim_fuego
    Free Member

Suppose due to my colouring I know what I'm on about when it comes to suncream, this stuff, just spray it on, lasts all day.

Frankers
    Free Member

I get bad Prickly Heat in the sun and have found this works really well (expensive though)

Ultrasun

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Saw P20 in a local store yesterday (Home & Bargain), don't know whether this chain of stores is national as they are a north west based business but they had it in for about £18, reduced from the £25 the listed as RRP. No idea if this is a good price, just thought I'd pass that news on. It was behind the tills where they stock perfume kits & bottles of booze, presumably to stop the scallies thieving it.

BigJohn

The latest P20 (as of last year) is now even better. Doesn't stain as much and doesn't need to be put on an hour before activity.

I used it every day last year windsurfing & biking in Dominican Republic. 1 daily application as soon as I get up (special attention to nose, ears and top of feet) and don't have to worry about spending all day in the sun and sea.

MrNutt
    Free Member

first press olive oil with a hat made of fresh coriander FTW!

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

P20 is the only thing that doesn't leave hairy arms legs and a bald bonce sticky and greasy.

joolsburger
    Free Member

piz buin its cheap and lasts I dont use anything as I'm dark but my missus swears by it.

DaveT
    Free Member

prosport is excellent, last fo 8 hours windsurfing, sailing or cycling in sunny places such as egypt, cabo verde and south of france its worked a treat for me

http://www.prosportsunscreen.co.uk/

I didnt think P20 didnt UVA and UVB or maybe im confused.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Sun cream choice.’ is closed to new replies.