Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Summit’s Race meeting. Round 1.
  • Ti29er
    Free Member

It was my first Summit Club race meeting.
    Over 100 riders turned up, and no rain. What a result!

A tight course very much in the Gorrick-style, and the pictures are on line already.
    Summit Race Series. Race 1.

Can’t believe that No7 in the Elite category was lapping in never over 14:00 mins. My best effort was 17:35!
    Tim

tinsy
    Free Member

Do you have a link to the results please..

oldgit
    Free Member

Glad it went well.
    My son and I were meant to be doing it, but he broke his leg and I bust a rib.
    Next one though if I’m ok at FNSS this Friday.

DeanoT
    Free Member

It was great fun – many thanks to Simon and everyone involved.

No 7 is Steve ‘The Ringer’ Webb – I crashed trying to keep up with him quite early on :^) He’s damn swift.

mlewis
    Free Member

Great series! I couldn’t make last night but will be there for the next one. All 3 top spots went to single speed 29ers. They must be quick it’s pretty hilly!

Matt Lewis

Ti29er
    Free Member

Steve was on a fully rigid SS.
    Good-Lord! That’s awesome. On at least two fronts.
    As a new convert to 29ers I would not have even considered the 29 over the 26er. In fact the 26 is far quicker to accelerate. I know this as I’ve not ridden it since mid January and brought it out last Wednesday for the practice ride & really noticed the difference. I’ve not ridden Lotts Wood on the 29er.
    Since then i have been on the 26er, enjoying the difference.
    TBH, I now feel rather stupid and silly learning that the top 3 riders were on a bike I personally thought unsuitable for this circuit.
    What race numbers were the top 3?
    I hope my photography is better than my mountain biking skills!
    Tim

DeanoT
    Free Member

My team mate Phil was no14 and second. I was no17 and third.

Is there much of a difference between your bikes other than the wheel size? The big wheels rolled a treat around that course and SS is perfect too – all the hills are pretty short. We’d all have been rigid too if Phil hadn’t knackered the steerer on his rigid forks.

Seeya next time :^)

Ti29er
    Free Member

Jones & 69er?
    Either way, I feel like I’m back in Jnr School with a blank note book and fresh, new, unused pen!

Aside for this I have sent, on email to Simon, on request, some images of you guys at the start of the race for the front page (?) of the web site.

DeanoT
    Free Member

Phil on the 69er – me on the Jones :^)

We’d love some photos too for our team blog. Will contact Simon.

DesmondFishman
    Free Member

Results are here..
    results
    T’was a good night, and I’m confident I could have held Dean off in 3rd if I hadn’t punctured twice on the 2nd lap.
    Well, come in a solid 4th at any rate 😀

Ti29er
    Free Member

Simon will be posting up the URL link and a photographer’s credit on the club’s site.
    In the meantime, please see the very first post here for the link.

What gear ratios are you running?
    I’m still trying to get my head around the 29er and SS concept!
    Tim

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Summit’s Race meeting. Round 1.’ is closed to new replies.