Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Summer Holiday-not the usual Les Gets/Morzine but Champoussin (Swiss side) ???
  • YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Basically the accommodation we normally get for nothing in the centre of morzine is not an option this year. A friend has accomodation in Champoussin and a buddy and mine are going in on that. The guy who sorted the accommodation is a veteran of the area so there will be a reason he chooses that (quieter, less braking bumps etc etc). The thing is my buddy and I are pure DH riders on our summer hols so may be looking at different types of trails to what the other guy does as he rides ‘seat up’ stuff too.

We will certainly be making our way over to morzine side once or twice because we just love it there- some brilliant trails and great atmosphere.

But does anyone have any experience of the immediate area around Champoussin like Morgins etc? We’ve ridden the Champery Coupe de Monde which was awesome but more a ‘tick of the list’ rather than can’t wait to ride it again.

Any ideas welcomed.

Cheers,

joefm

You are still better off basing yourself in Morzine.Morgins is fun but Champoussin is out of the way and not served well by lifts.

Try morzine-resa to book your accomodation. Its just the tourist office website.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

As we are on a tight budget we are going with Champoussin (£70 ferry and accom’).

I do like the main areas for sure but I hear there are some good more ‘local’ trails hidden in this area.

Cheers

Freester

I don’t know much about Champoussin. A few years back we stayed in Champery which is 20 mins up the road by car. It was early season (before the opening ‘Passporte’) and so the main links were still shut although the Champery Telepherique was open everyday, and Les Croset chair was open at the weekend.

We had a great week in Champery. We went to Morzine one day but had enough to keep us interested on the Champery side. Loads of trails down from the Telepherique and an interesting push up to the Col De Cou and follow the ridge back to Barme…

Gotama
    Free Member

You could try Ben Walker email buckowalker@gmail.com (or it was a few years back). He is based in that area (course designer for Champery dh) and we had his brother, Will, guide us round outside the parks for a day. There was also an issue of Dirt many moons ago when Ben was taking them around some off piste DH stuff in the area which, if you can dig it out, would give you some pointers.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Thanks for that buddy, I will be sure to try that email.
    Definitely worth a go to hit some of the ‘local’ DH trails.

Cheers!

stoke1
    Free Member

I’d advise staying in Morzine – a bit more central with mnore ging on.

Check out somewhere like Aiglon Morzine they usually have late availability offers this time of year.

We went last year and used the private uplift service from Aiglon to Les Gets. They had also just fitted bike storage, workbenches, wash stations and drying rooms which were great. Set us up really well for the trails.

http://www.aiglonmorzine.com/index.php/summer/mountain-biking

carlphillips
    Free Member

Jay, I was yapping to matt about it on saturday, Morgins and surrounding is a cracking place to ride, I really enjoyed my day there, unsure of your immediate area though? you have your car so its not like you’ll have to ride in between places though..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Summer Holiday-not the usual Les Gets/Morzine but Champoussin (Swiss side) ???’ is closed to new replies.