Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Summer holiday 2017
  • ElShalimo

A wet Friday afternoon distraction for you.
    Where are you going on your summer holiday this year?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Hitting nostalgia central by buying a Wayfarer dinghy in the next couple of weeks, so sailing it’ll be – west coast, around Mallaig, Arisaig, taking in a pint or 2 at the Old Forge in Inverie (on the mainland, but so remote that roads don’t go there so it’s boat or 2 day walk).

maybe a trip to Orkney to see the chambered cairn on Holm of Papay, an uninhabited island in the north part, sailing from Kirkwall. Some scuba in Scapa Flow perhaps – the block ships are hugely underrated, maybe because of the German fleet. Combine that with a visit to Kearvaig bothy near Durness for some reason

Generally dick about and enjoy where I live

lunge

Peru hopefully, though depending on a few things we may end up in the Canadian Rockies. I can’t complain at either.

Kryton57

All inclusive Apartment in Menorca, big pool beach “free” Bombay Sapphire at the bar. 🙂

mrhoppy

2 weeks in Bourg, hoping to take hoppy jr on his 1st uplift, got to work out how to do 16″ wheels though.

wallop

No Bourg for us this year – first time in 6 years!

Week in Kefalonia in May (the flights were £50 return so it was rude not to) then a week in Verbier in July. Then out to Spain in September.

allthepies
    Free Member

You are a high street hairdresser and I claim my shampoo and set.

irc

A week in Nairn with family. Six weeks in USA with bike.

dantsw13

Long weekend mtb in Tignes with lads. 2 weeks in Italy with family + friends. Rome then Tuscan Villa with pool.

loddrik
    Free Member

Marmaris. And we don’t plan on leaving the hotel grounds.

jonba
    Free Member

MAssif Central

Can’t wait. These guys run great trips.

MoreCashThanDash

Somewhere up near Aviemore. With bikes.

sadexpunk

july we got a villa in croatia for 2 weeks with family, august a week in the mani (stoupa) with the wife.

Week in Kefalonia in May (the flights were £50 return so it was rude not to)

very good, iz jellus. how did you get that and who with?

colournoise

Having recently acquired a camper van, we’re going to try a three week road trip round the UK this year.

No fixed route, but i imagine it will take in North Yorkshire coast, West coast of Scotland, The Lakes, North Wales, South Wales, maybe Cornwall.

I will be trying to squeeze my bike in somehow…

aP
    Free Member

Not having children I’m not allowed holidays when schools are out.

wallop

Sadexpunk – I just put the dates into skyscanner and it came up. Easyjet from Bristol (which is 15 minutes from our house 😀 )

Spin
    Free Member

Hitting nostalgia central by buying a Wayfarer dinghy in the next couple of weeks, so sailing it’ll be – west coast, around Mallaig, Arisaig

Your nick name is Bogie and I claim one packed lunch in a Sunblest bag.

Is that nostalgic enough for you? 🙂

jekkyl

2 weeks in cornwall, a relative rents out their 2nd home in Lelant. 2 minutes walk to the beach down past the church.
    There won’t be any room in the car for a bike 😥

towzer

Sabbatical 1 sorted out, Motorhome, see dad in Ayr, over to dundee for a mooch, Crail/pittenween for fishing museum and some walking, Aberdeen, ferry, Shetland mooch,fair isle if lucky, Orkney mooch and Hoy, Caithness flow country, duncansby stacks, whaligoe steps, hopefully the crask and altguish inns and the cafe at Lairg ….sod off rain and midges

Stoner
    Free Member

Road trip with the kids in the campervan across the continent to Morzine via Legoland Denmark. Meet up with Mrs Stoner for a long week, then road trip back to blighty, and to the Green Man Festival then a few days of pre season rugby camp before school.

matt10214
    Free Member

Partners parents in Spain, with trips to Malaga and Madrid on the train planned.

wallop

2 weeks in cornwall, a relative rents out their 2nd home in Lelant. 2 minutes walk to the beach down past the church.

I used to live a five minute walk from that church and my first ever job was at the golf club up the road. I had a nice childhood!

Nipper99
    Free Member

Instead of my week in the autumn in the Lakes I have 2 weeks in the Lakes in the summer here. There is genuinely nowhere else I’d sooner be.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Uk I think though it’s technically my winter holidays

jimdubleyou

Going to my brother’s wedding in China, followed by a week on a beach in Thailand.

There could well be some scuba / snorkelling involved, but mostly just lying on beach.

ElShalimo

Not got a plan yet but it’ll be mid-late Sept due to work.
    Anyone been to Croatia in a campervan?

tomhoward

A few litttle UK ones this year rather than one big foreign one of previous years.

Trip up to the borders for Easter
    Week in Ambleside in mid May
    Long Weekend on August BH in Hampshire based around the Torq race
    Long weekend in Fort Bill for relentless
    Last two weeks of July booked off work, planned a weekend in Kent but looking at having a week of that somewhere else, possible in Europe.

anagallis_arvensis

3 weeks in North Carolina at my uncles…bit of a road trip with their little caravan.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Heading back to Van and Seatle… 3 days riding in the Chilcotins

Northwind

A week in South Wales in July and a week with Rivierabike in September (this is the culmination of years of me saying “why the **** do we go on our hols in the height of summer, when it’s nice in Scotland and too hot in Abroad)

And some little ones- race weekends, I want to get up to Pitfichie for the SES, 3 days around Loch Earn in May, probably down to D&G in April and up to Fort William for a few days at some point… If time and money allows it’s a few years since I got into north Wales and there’s so much stuff I want to do there again.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Long weekend in Venice

Later, Vancouver Island for a week & a bit

badnewz
    Free Member

Nothing booked, plenty of ideas but no decision so far.
    Options at the moment:
    Croatia island hopping
    Budapest or Prague city break
    Majorca or Ibiza pool holiday

Or if the pound completely collapses, Norfolk Broads.

superfli
    Free Member

Lads biking hol in Tuscany with ridgeline mtb in June, then Northern Croatia family hol in a villa in Aug.
    Bring in the sunshine

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

No idea as yet… waiting to see what comes down from the Sheriff before making any decisions. We were planning Orkney to take the kids home for the first time, but the original plan has fallen through so we are waiting to see what we get time wise with my daughter and will take it from there.

Abroad isn’t going to happen this year I suspect. Kinda hoping perhaps next summer though.

tjagain

Me and t’missus are going to walk from near ullapool to Poolewe thru fisherfeild wild camping, then canoe up loch marree camping on one of the islands then walk to torridon thru the mountains then onto strathcarron. 100 miles ish of walking, 20 miles ish in the canoe, 2 nights in hotels, 9 nights camped.

Nice and restful.

ampthill

St Agnes, Scillies again for us. No bikes no cars. The Island is 1.5 miles by 1 mile.

View from the tent

[url=https://flic.kr/p/put3Kz]cloudss-20[/url] by John Clinch, on Flickr

Me and the lad outside the pub

[url=https://flic.kr/p/q5ATUd]20140803_181259[/url] by John Clinch, on Flickr

Probably go swimming

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pdnrXw]take 2-24[/url] by John Clinch, on Flickr

Teenagers will have a party on the beech. I’ll retire earlier than them. The morning after this was taken niece and son got up 9:00 and shot off with a carrier bag. Apparently a beer bottle had got broken and in the dark they weren’t sure they’d picked up all the glass so they were going for a second check

[url=https://flic.kr/p/puPUKq]wicker-9[/url] by John Clinch, on Flickr

sargey

Fly into atlanta early next month then across to augusta for a day at the masters, up to Virginia Beach and a couple of days in Washington then back to friends in atlanta to help them move house.
    Beach holiday In Cyprus in September.

czechmtbholidays
    Free Member

I’ll be guiding folks like you through our picturesque countryside full of amazing singletracks here in the Czech Republic. If you still don’t have any plan for this summer, you guys should join! 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ll be having a week here, it’s actually only about 20 odd miles ATCF from my house, but just a lovely chilled holiday. Good food, great beaches, my favourite beer garden and stunning views.

Go every year, the 3 of us love it so much.

[/url]Goatfell by nobeerinthefridge, on Flickr[/img]

thegeneralist
    Free Member

hoping to take hoppy jr on his 1st uplift, got to work out how to do 16″ wheels though.

Not quite 16″ wheels,but certainly put into perspective some of the crap people talk about the relative merits of 26″, 650B, 29ers etc.

We felt quite intimidated on the first few lifts, but once the stormtroopers had departed it was quite fun.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Summer holiday 2017’ is closed to new replies.