Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Suggestions for the pope when he comes to England in September
  • Talkemada
    Free Member

I think I got thrown out of Fabric once.

I can't remember really. Might have been for smoking a joint or something daft. It could well have been another club mind; I've been thrown out of quite a few in me time.

What's the one with the vibrating dancefloor?

BermBandit
    Free Member

I think in the vein of seeking forgiveness by doing penance I'd like to see him taking it up the poop chute with a scaled up artificial penis so its a Child bum to Adult todger relationship for each and every child ever abused by a member of the Catholic church. Once thats over perhaps he might like to review the churchs policy on such matters.

votchy
    Free Member

I think in the vein of seeking forgiveness by doing penance I'd like to see him taking it up the poop chute with a scaled up artificial penis so its a Child bum to Adult todger relationship for each and every child ever abused by a member of the Catholic church.

Remember, every catholic priest is hung like a bull 😀 allegedley

Geronimo
    Free Member

An estimate in 2009 put the total number of Catholics in England and Wales at 4.5 million

Wouldn't it be cheaper to send all the Catholics on Jet2 for a visit to the Vatican?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Swadey +1

grumm
    Free Member

Should be presented with some of these – http://www.divine-interventions.com/baby.php

BermBandit
    Free Member

Remember, every catholic priest is hung like a bull allegedley

Good, and while they are at it lets have the cardinals too!

Geronimo
    Free Member

FWIW, I don't believe that people should go out of their way to offend the pope or Roman Catholic church (constant references to child abuse are very unfair to the vast majority of priests), but nor do I think that people should go out of their way to 'respect' them either.

The Pope represents an organisation that is opposed to many of the civil liberties that our country allows.

All of the items that I heard about on that 'leaked memo' are legal, just not compatible with the Roman Catholic church's CURRENT (subject to change) rules.
    ps. If the rules do change again, do all previously-but-now-not sinners get a reprieve from damnation?

cranberry
    Free Member

I think in the vein of seeking forgiveness by doing penance I'd like to see him taking it up the poop chute with a scaled up artificial penis so its a Child bum to Adult todger relationship for each and every child ever abused by a member of the Catholic church. Once thats over perhaps he might like to review the churchs policy on such matters.

I'd be happy to stir the grit into the vaseline if you need some help – I don't believe in an afterlife, so would like to see that evil bastard suffer in this life.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Garry_Lager – Member
    Waiting for next weeks government memo taking the piss out of Mohammad and suggesting we open up a pig farm next to the East London Mosque. That would be funny wouldn't it?

Can be sure that the little big tied FCO **** who wrote this shite would have been named & made to apologise publicly after being sacked if they'd done that, as well as GB pressing the flesh with every muslim leader in the country. As it is he/she has been "moved, and as far as we know is still in employment.

Publicly embarrassing for the govt and for a country that still claims to be based upon christian values.

Geronimo
    Free Member

Can be sure that the little big tied FCO **** who wrote this shite would have been named & made to apologise publicly after being sacked if they'd done that

Unfortunately true -Possibly because a certain adherants of the Islamic faith are a violent threat, though. Surprisingly touchy for followers of an omnipotent deity.

Publicly embarrassing for the govt and for a country that still claims to be based upon christian values.

Last time I looked, we weren't a Roman catholic country and approved of contraception & abortion, we also reported crime and had an "established church" that allowed female and married priests.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Last time I looked, we weren't a Roman catholic country and approved of contraception & abortion, we also reported crime and had an "established church" that allowed female and married priests.

I didn't say that the UK was a catholic country, I said we were based upon christian values, catholiscism being a christian faith.

Lets face it, that the UK is a protestant country was based more upon the needs of a spolit, randy medieval king than anything else.

As far as "established church", cathloiscism predates protestantism, so is possibly the more established church anyway.

BermBandit
    Free Member

we were based upon christian values

What ???? State approved paedophilia ?

Geronimo
    Free Member

We have an RC fundamentalist do we?

In't sectarianism great?

I am glad that we don't have the Roman Catholic church, Islam, Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism or Shintoism etc. as the "established church" in the UK and wish we didn't have the C-of-E either.

Here's a hypothesis:
    All of the religions are man-made explanations for the unknown at the time of the life of whichever particular 'prophet' they follow.

zaskar
    Free Member

Tell him and his croonies to stay away from the kids.

Unless he acknowledges the abuse and cover ups.

Carbis

I heard the story behind the FCO memo that lead to this.

Apparently they held one of their brain storming sessions on the visit by the pope with the usual rule that anything, no matter how outlandish, should be voiced within the room. As usual the new graduate entrant was invited along to take the minutes and then issue them as a memo for experience.

The new grad failed to ingage their taste filter or to get the minutes checked before they were e-mailed out to everyone. This has then been e-mailed out of the FCO by someone to cause embarrasment for political/personal gain.

So where would you have the Pope visit? You'd currently have to seriously consider any area that might have children (usually a good photo op) as a no go because of the potential for negative media coverage.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

So if I said I was muslim, would that make a difference? Probably not, just the egos of the STW massive taking on "soft" targets, one of which is continuously chrisitianity. Someone earlier even said that the FCO couldn't/wouldn't name the idiot involved islam because "certain adherants of the Islamic faith are a violent threat". That's about the only sensible comment (no matter how racist it could be deemed) that has appeared in this thread.

Geronimo, you're not wrong, all religion is man made for whatever reason, just **** me off that in this country it's impossible to say anything against a none christian beleief yet (particularly on STW and the popular press) it's really in vogue to rip the piss out of any christian beleif.

Talkemada
    Free Member

just **** me off that in this country it's impossible to say anything against a none christian beleief

No it's not, you're free to say whatever you like about any religion, even if it is little more than reactionary bollocks based on inflammatory sensationalist tabloid bullshit. 😀

Geronimo
    Free Member

missingfrontallobe – Member

So if I said I was muslim, would that make a difference?

Well, I am an equal opportunities non-believer, but isn't the Pope is a Catholic? Does a bear…?

Probably not, just the egos of the STW massive taking on "soft" targets, one of which is continuously Christianity.

It is something close to a lot of our hearts, having been brought with it for our whole lives before we decided that it was nonsense.

Someone earlier even said that the FCO couldn't/wouldn't name the idiot involved islam because "certain adherants of the Islamic faith are a violent threat".

It was me.

That's about the only sensible comment (no matter how racist it could be deemed) that has appeared in this thread.

Islam is a religion, not a race.

just **** me off that in this country it's impossible to say anything against a none christian beleief yet (particularly on STW and the popular press) it's really in vogue to rip the piss out of any christian beleif.

In the interests of balance: Just like Roman Catholicism, other Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism etc. are all man-made creations with a large overhead of baggage and dogma. They are all without any sort of evidence and it beats me why anybody spends their time following them.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

"Suggestions for the pope when he comes to England in September"

Don't.

BermBandit
    Free Member

just the egos of the STW massive taking on "soft" targets, one of which is continuously chrisitianity.
    ………..particularly on STW and the popular press) it's really in vogue to rip the piss out of any christian beleif.

Sorry you are very wide of the mark there shag

The simple fact is that the Catholic Church in particular have set them selves up as paragons of virtue. They also happen to be corrupt, and complicit in instituionalised child abuse. Its not a case of ripping the piss at all. Its a case of giving vent to genuinely held anger and disgust. For what its worth personally I feel pretty much the same way about all religions, but to the best of my knowledge there aren't many that are as patently low-life as the papists IMHO.

cranberry
    Free Member

How, actually is the Catholic Church a soft target? They are a massively powerful and very wealthy international organisation that have access to the governments of many countries at the highest of levels.

Add to that the top bloke is the most powerful being in the universe, and since he's not committing genocide in Haiti at the moment he probably has some spare time to defend his chosen representatives here on earth if he wishes to.

How, exactly, are this bunch of criminals a soft target?

grumm
    Free Member

just the egos of the STW massive taking on "soft" targets, one of which is continuously chrisitianity.
    ………..particularly on STW and the popular press) it's really in vogue to rip the piss out of any christian beleif.

Maybe it's because we have endured years of having christianity rammed down our throats?

Can you imagine the fuss if we were laying on a state visit for a Islamic Ayatollah implicated in covering up child abuse?

Geronimo
    Free Member

If the ludicrous level of UK news coverage of the last pope's death -and the, presumably, divine appointment of his replacement- is anything to go by, the pope's visit will be the NEWS EVENT OF THE YEAR, despite the fact that there are relatively few catholics (how many truly devout ones?) in this country. How does an earthly, non-son-of-god bloke become so revered?

johnners
    Free Member

How does an earthly, non-son-of-god bloke become so revered?

I don't know, you'd have to ask Dawkins that one.

Geronimo
    Free Member

johnners – Member

Why, is he a good friend of Pope Benedict?

duckman

johnners – Member

Why, is he a good friend of Pope Benedict?

I doubt it.

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for the pope when he comes to England in September’ is closed to new replies.