Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • sub £100 all in one printer for home use?
  • redstripe
    Free Member

Most printing done at work or college for that, but need an all in one wireless printer/scanner/copier at home for very occasional use. The HP one we have is crap, chews paper, can’t handle more than a sheet at a time in the tray, resets itself all the time by printing a test sheet that then needs scanning, it’s going to get smashed up soon I think.
    I know cartridge price is always any issue, I’m not bothered too much by that as won’t get used much. Got some apple and windows based devices. Seems so much choice on ebay/pc world etc so any recommendations? Just want something that might be more reliable and lasts some way beyond its warranty period. Cheers

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

We’ve got an Epson PX650 which is about 3-4 yrs old. Scans, prints, does decent photos, it was less than £100 when we got it. It’s obviously outdated now but I’m sure there’s a modern equivalent in the range.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Canon MG5550

We got one a few months ago. Lots of print options from USB, Airprint, Google print etc along with wireless scanning to devices and cloud. Cheap cartridges and good print results.

rkk01
    Free Member

Most cheap printers = £££s in print cartridges 😡

cp

ive got a canon mg6450 – fantastic photos, quick to print, great general prints, good scanning, wireless works great, very easy set up, canon app for printing from tablets and phones, 3rd party inks available, cloud printing etc…

chambord
    Free Member

Most cheap All printers = £££s in print cartridges

Isn’t this more the case?

Speeder

I’ve got a big (A3) Brother printer I bought from Maplin for £100 when they had them on sale and it’s been great. It wireless & prints, scans & photocopies and will happily take compatible inks from UK Office Direct which come in at under £1.50 each and last for ages. Only issue we’ve had with it is that it doesn’t like thicker photo papers model number is MFC-J5910DW but it is BIG!

redstripe
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated

daveh
    Free Member

We got a Canon MG5550 recently too and it’s been very good so far, wireless printing direct from my phone is at times very useful.

spooky_b329

get an eprint/cloud printer so you can print from mobile devices/tablets/chromebooks.

just replaced our wifi only with an HP 5520.

i know you said you hate your current one but we use them at work for iphone printing and they live in a cold damp van screwed to a shelf and get fed dog eared paper and do ok!

auto double sided printing too, although the paper can’t be too dog eared for that. 🙂

£80 i think.

convert

Reading with interest as current kodak is about to be drop kicked into bin. It only gets occasional use(every other week probably) and has a terrible tendency to get a blocked head and then waste half a cartridge of ink doing endless clean head and test print routines to try and resolve.

eskay

convert – Member

Reading with interest as current kodak is about to be drop kicked into bin. It only gets occasional use(every other week probably) and has a terrible tendency to get a blocked head and then waste half a cartridge of ink doing endless clean head and test print routines to try and resolve.

For this very reason I started this thread a couple of days ago!

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/home-colour-laser-printers

m360
    Free Member

I bought the HP Deskjet 3520 from PC World. £60 including paper and a spare black in cartridge. Has AirPrint capability as well.

Works great, and if you have a Unidays account you can get replacement cartridges dirt cheap, direct from HP. (£6 for the black, or a full set of 3 colours and one black for £16). You’ll also get discount off the printer at PC World. Or you could buy a printer from HP direct. In other words, join unidays 8)

I gave up on HP a few years ago, when a £30 printer of theirs did as yours was. Happy to say this one is an improvement!

Tracey

Just replaced our old HP C4500 with a new HP Envy 5530. Katie got it from PC World in their sale and using student discount got it for just under £64. Ticks all the boxes, works so much better and can print from mobiles and tablets as well as the laptops.

redstripe
    Free Member

Got a Canon MG5550 following the above a few weeks ago, bit of a faff to set up but now done it’s great – reliable so far and good quality, much better than the old HP one we had. Thanks for pointers.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Don’t know if you’re a Costco member but they’re currently doing £50 off the HP Officejet Pro 8610 bringing the price to £89. PLUS there’s a £40 cash rebate from HP!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘sub £100 all in one printer for home use?’ is closed to new replies.