Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Home colour laser printers
  • eskay

Having had two printer heads dry out (irreparably) on inkjet printers (due to infrequent use) I have been having a look around and it looks like a colour laser printer would be more suitable for my sporadic need for a printer.

Has anybody got any recommendations for a model suitable for home (sub £200) hopefully with wi-fi printing and non eye watering running costs?

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

At under £200 you’ll struggle to get anything that’s economical to run. Typical coat per page on a cheap laser will be 14p-18p at 20% total page coverage. If you have to go down the laser route then I’d recommend something from Brother. If owt goes wrong then parts are cheap as Brother dealers only get charged for parts and not postage so a £1.60 paper feed roller costs just that. You can usually get extended 3 year warranties free of charge too.

johnnystorm

I’ve bought a Dell Wireless Laser for similar reasons. So far its been great and Dell do apps for ios & android to ease use. Official toner is pricey but Amazon do clones for £20 for a full set. For irregular use it’s better in every way than the epson it’s replaced.

johnnystorm

Looks like this:

http://www.ebuyer.com/433141-dell-c1760nw-wireless-colour-laser-printer-210-41094

Shop around though, got mine from Amazon for £79? I’d still be happy at this price though.

eskay

Thanks Johnny, that looks just the ticket. Have you used the clone toner?

JoeG
    Free Member

I have a 5 year old HP Laserjet CP2025 for just that reason OP. Though a set of 4 HP toners cost more than the printer did…

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I bought a laser printer for the exact same reasons but decided to get a mono one – £60 for a Brother wireless.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Home colour laser printers’ is closed to new replies.