Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • STW seatpost law
  • amedias
    Free Member

Ahhh, because all frames come with minimum seatpost insertion marks dont they, dumbass.

1 > no need for the name calling
    2 > most *do* actually come with a note in the owners manual about making sure Xmm inserted below point Y

further proof – I have three Intense frames in the loft which actually have a little hole drilled in the back of the seat tube (so you can see where the seatpost is) with a sticker around it saying ‘minimum seat post insertion’

flow
    Free Member

My old Proflex had the same, the seat tube was about half a foot long and didnt continue to the bottom bracket so it was no where near as strong. Its dangerous and pretty expensive to assume people have any common sense.

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

Whyte manual states to refer to seatpost manufacturers min insertion markings (Thompson)

flow
    Free Member

And there was GW questioning my superior knowedge.

From now on its Mr Flow to you.

oldboy
    Free Member

I’m no engineer, but I guess that running a 31.6mm dia 410mm seat post at its limit will be safer than, say, a 27.0mm dia post at the same extension – all other criteria being equal, that is.

GW
    Free Member

not if you run the 31.6 post in a 27.2 seattube 😉

Mr Flow I’m struggling to decide whether you are seriously thick, a weird pointlees troll or both. 😕

flow
    Free Member

Gw, you actually have no clue do you, about anything at all.

flow
    Free Member

Gw, you actually have no clue do you, about anything at all.

redthunder
    Free Member

I present to you the “Deathtrap” 😉

"Death Trap" by MTB Arena, on Flickr

IMG_1940 by MTB Arena, on Flickr

Not my bike BTW. This bloke told me he welded two seatposts together and is using the high tension wire to straighten them over time WTF OMG etc.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Flow hasnt said anything retarded there.He was thinking exactly what i was thinking and i found that he replied to it before i got a chance to.

re: a seatpost far too far out of a frame for its own good,followed by a comment about having a smaller frame as its more chuckable.

If he was thinking along the same lines as myself.. he was probably picturing these types of people “chucking” their bikes about so much easier than a larger frame.. but at the same time wondering how on earth a bike can end up more chuckable with a seatpost nearly as far out as every seat post on bmx bikes of the early 80s.Its mind boggling.I`m sure flow would agree!

GW
    Free Member

but at the same time wondering how on earth a bike can end up more chuckable with a seatpost nearly as far out as every seat post on bmx bikes of the early 80s.Its mind boggling.

you slam it for riding, raise it for climbing! it’s clearly not too difficult to “boggle” the mind of a retard 🙄

flow
    Free Member

Thanks Martinxyz.

GW, you are the resident STW retard.

GW
    Free Member

aint called singletardworld for nothing 😉

martinxyz
    Free Member

I cant and wont reply to anything else.Ive said all i have to say! Ive just noticed that death bike lol.slingshotastic.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘STW seatpost law’ is closed to new replies.