Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • STW Ladies … opinions please.
  • s8tannorm
    Free Member

Hello,

We've (Forest Freeride) got all our usual courses, rides, etc throughout the year but I've also thinking about running one or maybe two, womens mountainbike 'camps'. I'm thinking perhaps five days during the summer which would/could include, training sessions, rides into the mountains, trail centre day, maybe even an overnight ride with a bivy or bothy … The idea is to make it both varied and social. We've got our bunkhouse so accommodation wouldn't be a problem.

So, I need to know if it sounds like a good idea or not. Any ideas and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Stuart

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

I must say the idea does appeal to me very much. I live in Scotland and would love to go biking in Wales for a bit, but I don't have anyone to go with – the hassle of having to research accommodation and trails, not to mention having to ride unknown places on my own, does put me off somewhat.

I like the idea of the varied riding because I've never experienced proper natural xc trail riding before. The fact that I'd be guided by someone who knows the way would be a big plus, especially in an environment that I would assume to be female-friendly and welcoming etc.

Sorry I don't really have any suggestions but if this was going to happen in the Summer and was reasonably priced/well-run I would seriously consider signing up for something like this.

teagirl
    Free Member

Sounds great, but purely from a personal perspective and my advancing years giving demands on my time ie, kids, then weekends are best for me and my buddies. I couldn't get a passout for 5 days but weekends away are do-able.

s8tannorm
    Free Member

Thanks for the input ladies.

Teagirl, we do various things over weekends already, guiding, skills courses inc' girls only, etc. You're right though, getting a 5 day pass can be just about impossible.

Miaowing_kat everything we do is well run 😉 and certainly female friendly … we instruct more women than men by 2:1.

I think it sounds like it could well be a goer, I'll do some working out and get details up on the website http://www.forestfreeride.co.uk early Feb.

Once again, thanks.
    Stuart

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘STW Ladies … opinions please.’ is closed to new replies.