Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • STW hive mind – dishwashers…
  • Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Time for another one of these;

My mum 'will be impressed' if the internet can tell her what dishwasher to buy.

How much does one need to spend? Are they all the same? Any particular makes or models to avoid/look for?

Someone must know. Hit me.

jonb
    Free Member

Which.co.uk?

Quite literally just ordered one, they seemed to have a lot of AEG in the best buys it was about £500. AEG seemed to feature quite well in other catagories too. Fridge freezer was a best buy from them too.

jordie
    Free Member

avoid hotpoints they suck and the engineers (men that fit parts)
    are even worst than their machines

toys19
    Free Member

In my spare time I'm a landlord, with student houses, I only have three houses but once upon a time I used to manage 35 of them for various mates locally. (Puffs out chest) I have a bit of experience with these things, and the only kit worth buying is Bosch (or better like aeg, miele etc) avoid all the cheap shite it will break and cost you wedge. Bocsh have a good warranty back up service and their parts when needed are as cheap as any of the cheapo crap brands.

househusband

Another happy Bosch customer; washing machine, tumble dryer and dishwasher are all Bosch and all seven years old – not a single issue with any.

toys19
    Free Member

BTW fortunateson09 is your name a ref to what I think it is? You have Dude like taste. Which is a good thing.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I had a Hoover which ran for 10 years. They don't seem to do dishwashers anymore, and if they did, I couldn't afford the £350 we paid for it back in the day. We replaced it with a £220 Beko triple A thing. Seems to work just as well.

Depends if you have the budget for Bosch, AEG etc…

BigJohn

A lot of Hotpoints are re-badged Bosch.

This website http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=33

has good advice, and it can be worth looking for "graded", i.e. cosmetically damaged ones.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I can recommend Siemens

I cannot recommend Smeg (especially their customer service)

tiger_roach
    Free Member

I used a variety of review sites and ended up with this 6 months ago:

http://www.reevoo.com/p/hotpoint-fdd914

Happy with it so far, seems well designed.

voodoo-rich

Miele- no question. look for models with a separate cutlery rack.

Farticus

Maytag (re-badged Asko).

My Asko washing machine is 17 & going strong so just ordered the Maytag as a result. Mind you, my Bosch dishwasher lasted 19 years so I'd have been OK with one of those too.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Bosch Dishwasher here – bought 6 months ago – middle range about £400 IIRC – have 10 year old Bosch washing machine and 5 year old condensing tumble dryer all (touch wood) working well 🙂

glenh
    Free Member

I got a basic Bosch one for not much over £200 recently. It seems great – everything comes out spotless and it's fairly quick and quiet.

Not sure why you'd pay more really.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘STW hive mind – dishwashers…’ is closed to new replies.