Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • HTC Desire
  • mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

It's upgrade time

choices (staying with current provider) are HTC desire or nokia 5800 or X6

it gets used for phone (duh), calendar and sat nav mainly.

i've been a nokia man for years and am currently on my old N95 as it's great so am used to nokia maps, email and their PC suite. Will i find the transfer to android easy?

other option is to change provider and get an N900 which i do like the look of

any suggestions*?

*not iphone

tragically1969
    Free Member
    mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

yeah i saw that, no mention of sat nav though and that's important to me

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i could probably get a HDC HD2 as well if i actually went into a store a i get big discounts on upgrades normally. possibly a bit big for me though, it'd get broken.

GTDave
    Free Member

The HTC Desire is much nicer in both form & function to the HD2 imo.
    You can either install CoPilot on the Desire, or use the Google Maps turn by turn for SatNav.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

hmmm, i've been a little disappointed with nokia maps recently, the routing can sometimes be useless (manchester to nottingham airport by M6, Toll and then M1 was just mental)

mieszko
    Free Member

I recently got a used Nokia 5800 and I hated touchscreen phones. However this one is quite fun and easy to use, bigger screen than on my E71. A bit chunky, but I got it cheap, all boxed and unlocked so no complains. I wouldn't compare it to an HTC Desire (well never used one) but it's even hard to compare it to a HTC Hero that my brother has. The newer touch screens are much much nicer (you don't need to press on the display, just touch it) Nokia has the older one. Android OS looks and feels a bit better but as I'm used to Nokia Symbian it was easy to use the 5800 from the start. It's a bit dated now so probably better alternatives are available. My brother found Android very easy to use whereas he hated Symbian. Not used the X6, but if I compare the 5800 to the Hero, Hero all the way if the price is not considered, easy and fun to use, loads of apps. Considering I paid 5 times more for the Hero (xmas gift for my bro) than for the 5800, I'm more than happy to use the 5800. So if You can get a similar deal on the Desire that You can get on the 5800 than go for HTC.

Also used a HTC HD with Win 6.1 and that might look ok-ish but is very complicated to use, loads of options and I think my mate who got it will soon hate it. I was helping him set up the internet and other stuff and the options menu looks like windows 95 🙂 not as easy to use as Android and too complicated compared to Symbian.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

so i already have mapsource and city navigator europe, does this mean that's all i nead to get it running on the HTC?

freddyg
    Free Member

No Idea about mapsource or city navigator europe. Sorry.

Google maps is great on my Desire and co-pilot can be had for a few pounds. I came from a windows 6.1 smartphone + TomTom. I prefer the Desire – it's just light years ahead.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘HTC Desire’ is closed to new replies.